An earnings release is a "report card" of sorts for a public stem cell company. The current LPS (loss per share) standings reflect the universes’ investing status.
By analyzing these comparisons, investors can begin to gauge the financial health versus the scientific opportunity of stem cell research and whether or not it deserves their investment.
For Q3/11 ending 9/30/11, earnings continue to be announced:
- Osiris (NASDAQ:OSIR) net income of $4M or $0.12 per share with $53.3M cash and receivables;
- StemCells (NASDAQ:STEM) net loss of $4.33M or $0.31 per share with $12.53M in cash;
- Cytori (NASDAQ:CYTX) net loss of $8.335M or $0.15 per share with $40.8M in cash plus $2M in receivables;
- Geron (NASDAQ:GERN) net loss of $19.5M or $0.16 per share with $180.8M in cash;
- Aastrom (NASDAQ:ASTM) net loss of $1.9M or $0.05 per share with $11.9M in cash;
- ThermoGenesis (NASDAQ:KOOL) (Q1/12) net loss of $1.2M or $0.07 per share with $12.3M in cash.