In case you missed them, here are some noteworthy recent posts that you may enjoy:
- Vanguard has a pristine reputation as the investor's friend. But Herb Morgan, Chief Investment Officer of Efficient Market Advisors, argues in The Problem With Vanguard ETFs (published in ETF Investor) that " it looks like the good guys are trying to pull one over on us this time". This is required reading for indexers and those following the indexing industry.
- The Adware/Spyware issue is getting worse, not better. In The Adware Crisis - An Insider’s Perspective, an anonymous (but ideally qualified) reader of The Internet Stock Blog outlines his views on the extent of the problem and the difficulties the leading Internet companies will have trying to solve it.
- Readers of The China Stock Blog often email editor Ezra Marbach with their ideas and stock picks. In Chinese Small-Cap Stock Picks he recaps the most successful readers' picks, and invites new ones. Read the comments on this post - the value is in the readers' ideas.
- The New York Times Magazine carried a cover story a couple of weeks ago about the sustainability of Saudi oil reserves. If you missed it, Energy Stock Blog contributor Jack Levy has summarized it in Saudi Oil Reserves Insufficient?
- It seems that everyone is rushing into voice-over-IP (VoIP). VoIP Rush: Microsoft Buys Teleo, News Corp to Buy Skype, Vonage IPO? covers Microsoft's most recent acquisition and other VoIP developments. It mentions that News Corp is rumoured to be in talks to acquire Skype; that's why it appears on The Media Stock Blog.
And finally, two new Seeking Alpha blogs are in beta: The India Stock Blog and The US Market Blog. They're works in progress, but are already set up with RSS feeds. I'd welcome your feedback and ideas for them.
Meanwhile, have a safe and happy Labor Day. In truth, it's hard to know what to say or write as the tragedy in New Orleans continues to unfold.