is portfolio manager of the Oakmark Fund
and the Oakmark Select Fund
. Nygren seeks capital appreciation by investing in big business, both mid and large cap, based in the US. He is a true value investor who believes that investing in quality companies that are trading at a substantial discount to their intrinsic value provides the most profit while reducing risk. Nygren and his partners personally invest heavily in the fund.
Nygren has recently reduced his holdings in the following stocks: Comcast (CMCSK), EchoStar (DISH), First Data (FDC), DirectTv(DTV) and Mattel (MAT).
Nygren has increased his holdings in: Western Union (WU), Texas Instruments (TXN), and Liberty Media (LCAPA) and acquired a new position in Medtronics (MDT) with a purchase of 1.25 million shares.
The Oakmark Funds have seen annual returns of 13.62% in the last year, and 8.13% in the last 10 years. Data taken from the latest sec 13F filing. Data from quarter ending 12/31/2006; filed 2/14/2007.
Top Ten Holdings in Oakmark Portfolio:
- McDonald's Corp. (MCD) 4.1 million shares; 3.24% of overall stock holdings
- Washington Mutual Inc. (WM) 4 million shares;3.24% of overall stock holdings
- Time Warner Inc. (TWX) 7.4 million shares;2.86% of overall stock holdings
- Yum! Brands Inc. (YUM) 2.7 million shares;2.82% of overall stock holdings
- Harley-Davidson (HOG) 2.1 million shares;2.61% of overall stock holdings
- Baxter International Inc. (BAX) 2.9 million shares;2.37% of overall stock holdings
- Limited Brands Inc. (LTD) 4.6 million shares;2.36% of overall stock holdings
- Citigroup Inc. (C) 2.4 million shares;2.36% of overall stock holdings
- Viacom Inc. (VIA-B) 3.2 million shares;2.34% of overall stock holdings
- JP Morgan Chase & Co. (JPM) 2.7 million shares;2.3% of overall stock holdings
Total Holdings: $5 billion+