Roger Nusbaum submits: A new slew of ETFs:
- First Trust Consumer Discretionary AlphaDEX Fund (FXD)
- First Trust Consumer Staples AlphaDEX Fund (FXG)
- First Trust Energy AlphaDEX Fund (FXN)
- First Trust Financials AlphaDEX Fund (FXO)
- First Trust Health Care AlphaDEX Fund (FXH)
- First Trust Industrials AlphaDEX Fund (FXR)
- First Trust Materials AlphaDEX Fund (FXZ)
- First Trust Technology AlphaDEX Fund (FXL)
- First Trust Utilities AlphaDEX Fund (FXU)
- First Trust Large Cap Core AlphaDEX Fund (FEX)
- First Trust Mid Cap Core AlphaDEX Fund (FNX)
- First Trust Small Cap Core AlphaDEX Fund (FYX)
- First Trust Large Cap Growth Opportunities AlphaDEX Fund (FTC)
- First Trust Large Cap Value Opportunities AlphaDEX Fund (FTA)
- First Trust Multi Cap Growth AlphaDEX Fund (FAD)
- First Trust Multi Cap Value AlphaDEX Fund (FAB)
- First Trust S&P REIT Index Fund (FRI)
I will check out the sector funds and the small cap value.
While there are plenty of funds due to come, and plenty have listed recently, it seems like there have been a lot that are just mild tweaks to existing products -- which is tough to get excited about.
A couple of the StateStreet funds that just listed are interesting, as is the Market Vectors Russia ETF (RSX). I tend to lean favorably to WisdomTree's funds, and they have a bunch in the pipeline and five in particular that are supposed to list soon.
Claymore is supposed to list a new water ETF any day now (I will have more on this when it comes) that will be very different from PowerShares Water (PHO), which is a client and personal holding. The Claymore Water ETF will own foreign companies, I believe there will be no U.S. stocks. If you know your water you won't surprised to know that France is the largest country in the fund. PHO is about 15% foreign.
First Trust also has a water ETF coming that is based on the ISE Water Index (might not be the exact name), but the overlap between this and PHO is extensive.