Update: Poll results are in.
- I'm sticking with the big oil and gas firms (XOM, CVX, COP) - 36.7%
- I like the E&P stocks - 8.9%
- How about offshore drillers? - 3.1%
- Consider energy services companies (HAL, BHI, SLB, etc.) - 9.7%
- Overseas energy giants are the best bet (BP, RDS, STO, etc.) - 9.7%
- Invest directly into the commodity - consider ETFs - 3.7%
- On a fence - let's see how OPEC cuts work out - 18.4%
- Sell energy stocks - new highs mean it's time to take profits - 9.7%
We had a strong response to today's poll. Thanks to everyone who participated. We will be back next week for more Market Challenge!
It's a good time to be an investor in oil stocks.
Once OPEC announced a deal to cut production, shares in energy firms soared. Those details can be found here.
This morning, oil soared past the $50 mark.
Are you now bullish on oil stocks?
Your thoughts on energy stocks and oil after the OPEC deal?
Offer your ideas below!