|Bad and Deteriorating||Bad but Improving||Good but Deteriorating||Good and Improving|
|Existing Homes (May)||Chicago Fed NAI (May)||Consumer Confidence (June)||Real Disposable Income|
|Employment (June)||Durable Goods (May)||Personal Spending||ISM Manufacturing (June)|
|New Home Sales (May)||Construction Spending||Retail sales (June)||ISM Services (June)|
|ATA Truck Tonnage (May)||CPI (June)||Leading Indicators (June)|
|GDP (Q1 Final)|
|Industrial Production (June)|
|Housing Starts (June)|
The Earnings Calendar is as busy as it can get. Some of the names I’ll be watching:
• Altera (NASDAQ:ALTR) - Xilinx (NASDAQ:XLNX) filed an awful report. Can Altera do any better? Consensus is $0.19 EPS on sales of $314 million.
• Hexcel (NYSE:HXL) - This Small Cap Watch List member was seeing rising estimates until last month, when they were cut from $0.20 to the current $0.17.
• Steel Dynamics (NASDAQ:STLD) - The Mid Cap Watch List member is expected to earn $1.04 on sales of $948 million.
• Texas Instruments (NASDAQ:TXN) - expected to earn $0.42 on $3.45 billion in sales.
• CH Robinson (NASDAQ:CHRW) - estimates have been rising and now stand at $0.47, but Landstar (NASDAQ:LSTR) disappointed.
• CDW Corporation (CDWC) - stellar monthly sales reports have kept estimates rising. They now stand at $0.97.
• EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC) - The big news is still the VMWare IPO, but it is also a decent look at enterprise tech spend.
• Laboratory Corporation of America (NYSE:LH) - The Mid Cap and Large Cap Watch List member has been seeing positive earnings revisions and is now expected to earn $1.09 on $1.03 billion in revenue.
• Lexmark (NYSE:LXK) preannounced and will probably offer poor guidance.
• Linear Technology (NASDAQ:LLTC) - expected to earn $0.35 on $267 million in sales.
• Norsk Hydro (NHY) - The Large Cap Watch List member has no analyst coverage right now.
• Plantronics (NYSE:PLT) - my covered call position is now being cashed out so I’ve no skin in this one. But it is often volatile.
• United Parcel Services (NYSE:UPS) is a great read on the health of the economy. Expectations are $1.03 on $12.23 billion in revenue.
• Arkansas Best (ABFS) - after Landstar’s (LSTR) weak quarter I’m expecting a poor showing. Estimates have come down to $0.67, but may not have come down enough.
• Colgate Palmolive (NYSE:CL) - Large Cap Watch List member unlikely to surprise much. Consensus is $0.83 on $3.31 billion.
• Corning (NYSE:GLW) - is LCD supply/demand back in balance?
• Freeport McMoRan Copper & Gold (NYSE:FCX) -Another Large Cap Watch List member with dramatic positive earnings revisions, now standing at $2.71.
• Graco (NYSE:GGG) is another Large Cap Watch List member. Estimates have been coming down and are now at $0.61.
• MEMC Electronic Materials (WFR) - Is polysilicon supply catching up to demand for this Large Cap Watch List member?
• Xerox (NYSE:XRX) - can they make the numbers without asking investors to ignore a bunch of stuff? I don’t doubt they will earn $0.27 as expected but wonder how they’ll get there.
• Federated Investors (NYSE:FII) is on the Large Cap Watch List and expected to earn $0.54.
• Ingram Micro (NYSE:IM) is on the Small Cap Watch List and expected to earn $0.36.
• KLA-Tencor (NASDAQ:KLAC) - I know the semiconductor equipment fundamentals stink. I want to know how much and whether it is priced in.
• NII Holdings (NASDAQ:NIHD) is on the Large Cap Watch List and expected to earn $0.49.
• Western Digital (NASDAQ:WDC) is on the Large Cap Watch List and expected to earn $0.36.
Disclosure: author has a short position in SMH put options at time of publication.