Linktone (ticker: LTON) reported Q3 2005 results that beat consensus earnings per ADS estimates by $0.02. Key stats from the quarter:
(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on year, unless stated otherwise)
- Gross revenue rose 54.5% to $20.5 million, and rose 17% sequentially.
- Net revenue rose 56.6% to $19.7 million. Consensus estimate of $17.6 million.
- SMS revenue rose 31.7% sequentially to $13.7 million.
- Gross margin was 61.4% vs 67.6%.
- Operating expenses rose 43.9% to $8.3 million.
- Product development expenses rose 148.2% to $1.7 million.
- Sales and marketing expenses rose 57.9% to $3.9 million.
- Stock-based compensation expenses rose 3.9% to $555,042.
- Other general and administrative expenses rose 2.9% to $2.1 million.
- Operating income rose 38.9% $3.8 million.
- Operating margin was 19.4% vs 21.8%.
- Net income rose 43.2% to $4.1 million.
- Net margin was 20.5% vs 22.5%.
- Diluted earnings per ADS of $0.15 vs $0.10.
- Adjusted diluted earnings per ADS of $0.17 vs $0.13, and vs consensus estimate of $0.15.
(as of September 30, 2005)
- Cash and equivalents of $25.5 million.
- Short-term investments of $49.9 million.
- GAAP net income of approximately $0.15 per fully diluted ADS.
- Non-GAAP net income of approximately $0.17 per fully diluted ADS. Consensus estimate of $0.16.
FY 2005 Guidance
- GAAP net income of approximately $0.54 per fully diluted ADS.
- Non-GAAP net income of approximately $0.63 per fully diluted ADS. Consensus estimate of $0.54.