Company hits 2007 guidance:
- 2007 CapEx to stand below 7,814 million euros.
- Must improve operating results in Mexico
- Get to positive OI in Mexico
- Improve wireless business in Brazil
- Stop the loss in wireless customers
- Update on TI acquisition
- Watch margins in UK and Germany – if they stay under pressure, then volume must come up
- Increased dividends and fully utilize share buyback
- Reduce debt levels.
- Maintain Spanish market position while increasing the other 2 regions’ contribution to percent OIBDA/OI.
Overall, Telefonica not only maintained guidance but raised it across both top and bottom lines. Revenues expected to increase by 8%-10% (6%-9% previously); OIBDA by 10%-13% (8%-11%) and OI by 19%-23% (14%-20%). Excellent news.
increased by EUR 300M, mostly due to broadband expansion and network capacity. Not ideal but nothing alarming.
Great results from Mexico. Adding market share, lowering churn rates and now at positive OIBDA. Nothing to suggest these results won't continue their current trend.
They have stopped the slide in market share and generally, had positive results for the quarter. The big factor looming in this segment is Telefonica's attempt to buy out Portugal Telecom's stake. No news on this front. Telecom Italia: No news on this front.
- Results were as good as can be expected in such a cutthroat environment exacerbated by a hostile regulatory setting.
- The EUR 152M fine was provisioned this quarter so no hit going forward.
- The UK results were decent as competition is intense. N!
o news on the iPhone.
- Germany was very disappointing --
they've replaced the management team there and gave good visibility into a possible turnaround in the 2nd half of 2007.
- Share buyback is mostly completed.
- Debt levels reduced by nearly EUR 3B and they are on track to hit their reduction target of 2.5 Debt-to-OIBDA levels.
- Spanish market position solid but there was little adjustment to the OIBDA distribution between the Espana, Europe and Latin America segments.