Stocks discussed on the in-depth session of Jim Cramer's Mad Money TV Program, Wednesday March 14.
The Magnificent 7 Spec Stocks: Pharmacyclics (NASDAQ:PCYC), Medivation (NASDAQ:MDVN), Idenix (NASDAQ:IDIX), Vivus (NASDAQ:VVUS), Arctic Cat (NASDAQ:ACAT), Conn's (NASDAQ:CONN), Health Stream (NASDAQ:HSTM)
On the 7th anniversary of Mad Money, Cramer discussed the 7 top-performing speculative stocks in the last 7 years.
1. Pharmacyclics (PCYC), has jumped from $5 to $25
2. Medivation (MDVN) has risen from $16 to $70, a 320% gain
3. Idenix (IDIX) has gone from $3 to $11 for a 277% gain.
4. Vivus (VVUS) has run from $6 to $27.
5. Arctic Cat (ACAT) has seen a 204% gain
6. Conn's (CONN) has risen from $4.56 to $14 for a 211% gain
7. HealthStream (HSTM) has seen a 192% gain.
Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), JPMorgan (NYSE:JPM), IBM (NYSE:IBM), Caterpillar (NYSE:CAT), Molycorp (NYSE:MCP), Regions Financial (NYSE:RF), First Horizon (NYSE:FHN), Francesca (NASDAQ:FRAN)
Even though the Dow was meandering, up only 16 points, there is reason to be confident in the current market, whose leaders represent diverse sectors. Apple (AAPL) is innovating constantly, JPMorgan (JPM) is strong, IBM (IBM) is a well-run international consulting company, Caterpillar (CAT) is solid in spite of China faltering. Cramer would look for a return in construction.
Cramer took some calls:
Molycorp (MCP) is not a good stock, and is challenged when it comes to profits.
Francesca's Holdings (FRAN) has seen a big gain and it is worth taking profits.
7 Stocks That Have Risen The Most in 7 Years: Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST), Regeneron (NASDAQ:REGN), Medivation (MDVN), Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (NASDAQ:GMCR), SXC (SXCI), Questcor (NASDAQ:QCOR), Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN)
Cramer discussed the 7 fastest rising stocks in the 7 years since Mad Money has been on air.
1. Monster Beverage (MNST) has risen 1,637%
2. Regeneron (REGN) has risen 1,755% (Cramer recommended this stock during the first week Mad Money was broadcast)
3. Medivation (MDVN) up $1,800
4. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) up 2,731%
5. SXC (SXCI) up 2,800%
6. Priceline (PCLN) 2,850%
7. Questcor (QCOR) up 7,066%
Mad Mail: Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI), Deckers (NYSE:DECK), Lowe's (NYSE:LOW), Home Depot (NYSE:HD), Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX), SPDR Gold Trust (NYSEARCA:GLD)
Deckers (DECK) has suffered because warm weather was bad for Uggs sales. While the company has diversified into other shoes, the brands weren't introduced fast enough.
Starbucks (SBUX) has run a lot, so Cramer would put on half a position now and another half when it pulls back, because he thinks 2012 will be great for SBUX.
Gold could go down another $100 to $150 before it bottoms. Gold miners should not be bought. Cramer's gold pick is still SPDR Gold Trust (GLD).
Jim Cramer's Action Alerts PLUS: Trade right alongside a Wall Street pro! Start your 14-day FREE trial today.
Get Cramer's Picks by email - it's free and takes only a few seconds to sign up.