CDC Corporation (ticker: CHINA) reported Q3 2005 results today that beat consensus adjusted earnings per share estimates. Key stats from the quarter:
(all percentage changes and comparisons are year on year, unless stated otherwise)
- Total revenue rose 31.3% to $61.9 million.
- Software revenue rose 39.2% to $38.4 million.
- Business services revenue rose 9.1% to $10.6 million.
- Ad and marketing revenue rose 1.8% to $3.1 million.
- MVAS revenue rose 43.6% to $9.8 million, and rose 14% sequentially.
- Advanced mobile products (MMS, IVR and WAP) revenue rose 52% sequentially to $5.9 million.
- SMS revenue fell 17% sequentially to $3.9 million.
- Gross margin was 55.3% vs 54.0%.
- Operating expenses rose 11.1% to $36.0 million.
- SG&A expenses rose 17.7% to $25.8 million.
- R&D expenses rose 43.7% to $5.7 million.
- Operating loss of $1.7 million vs loss of $6.9 million.
- GAAP net loss of $1.2 million vs loss of $8.3 million.
- GAAP diluted loss per share of $0.011 vs loss of $0.079.
- Non-GAAP net income rose 168.4% to $3.2 million.
- Non-GAAP basic EPS of $0.029 vs $0.012, and vs consensus estimate of $0.02.
(as of September 30, 2005)
- Cash and equivalents of $76.8 million.
- Restricted cash of $3.7 million.
- Debt securities of $126.0 million.