RF Micro Devices (NASDAQ:RFMD) is due with its Q4 results after the close tonight, and Wall Street analysts expect the company to report a loss of $0.01 per share on revenue of $185 million.
Over the long term, RFMD is favoring a widening trend, with more aggressive next-day trade in 18 of the last 29 quarters.
Looking deeper into the data, RFMD has posted an extended-hours gain in response to earnings news for 12 quarters in our database. Of those evening gains, the stock has extended its move the following day eight times, or 67% of the time.
RFMD has posted an extended-hours decline in response to earnings news for 17 quarters. Of those declines, the stock has extended its move the following day 10 times, or 59% of the time.
- On Jan. 24, 2012, RFMD advanced 1.6% in night trade following mixed results and guidance. The stock narrowed its gains slightly the next day, ending the Jan. 25 regular session with a 1.4% gain.
- On Oct. 25, 2011, the stock rose 1.4% during evening trading after the company missed with EPS but guided for a revenue beat. Shares rose a stronger 5.5% the next day.
- On July 26, 2011, the stock rose 6.6% after a Q1 beat and guidance for sequential revenue gain. Shares rose a tamer 1.2% the next day.
- On April 26, 2011, the stock fell 3.4% after the company reported in-line earnings and guides for a sequential revenue drop. Shares rose 4.2% the next day, however.
- On Jan. 25, 2011, the stock fell 8.8% after an earnings beat but disappointing revenue guidance. Shares dropped a steeper 9.7% the next day.
- On Oct. 26, 2010, the stock rose 2.9% in after-hours trading following an earnings beat. Shares rose a robust 15.2% the next day.
- On July 27, 2010, RFMD declined 1.3% in evening trade despite beating Q1 estimates and setting in-line guidance. It headed deeper south the next day, closing the July 28 regular session down 5.6%.
- On April 27, 2010, RFMD gained 4.3% in after-hours trade after beating Q4 expectations. The stock surged higher the following day, closing the April 28 regular session up 7.8%.
- On Jan. 26, 2010, the stock fell 2.3% after an earnings beat but a miss with revenue. Shares dropped 3.9% the next day.
- On Oct. 27, 2009, the stock gained 6.4% during evening trading after a Q2 earnings beat. Shares rose a much slimmer 0.5% the following day.
- On July 23, 2009, RFMD edged up 0.4% in after-hours trade after handily beating Q1 expectations. The stock soared in the following day's regular session, ending up 15.2% on July 24.
- On April 28, 2009, the stock fell 7.5% after reporting a wider-than-expected Q4 loss. Shares fell a deeper 10.5% the next day.
- On Jan. 31, 2008, RFMD declined 3.4% in after-hours trade after missing on Q3 and setting guidance below the Street. The stock added to its downside on Feb. 1, losing 3.7% by the regular session close.
- On Oct. 23, 2007, RFMD was cut for a 6% decline in after-hours trade despite beating Street estimates and guiding mostly in-line. Sellers hit the issue harder the following regular session, with RFMD closing Oct. 24 down 12.6%.
- On July 24, 2007, the stock rose 5.4% after reporting shy with revs but beating with earnings. The gain was a stronger 9.8% the next day.
- On April 24, 2007, the stock fell 5.6% in the evening hours after reporting ahead with Q4 but disappointing with Q1 guidance. The loss was pared to 3.5% the next day.
- On Jan. 23, 2007, RFMD jumped 6.8% in night trade after beating Q3 estimates and forecasting Q4 in line to above expectations. Shares soared higher the following day, ending the regular session up 13.6%.
- On Oct. 24, 2006, the stock slumped 3.3% in the evening session after the company reported EPS ahead by a penny but missed with revenue. The loss narrowed to a slim 0.5% the next day.
- On July 25, 2006, RFMD slid 6% in after-hours trade after the company posted EPS in line with estimates, came in just short on sales, and guided for forward results to be in-line or below the Street view. The stock recorded a sharp about-face in the following day's regular session, rising 7.3% on July 26.
- On the heels of better than expected results and guidance in the evening of April 25, 2006, RFMD put up a 4.3% gain. That gain increased to 14% the next day.
- Back on Jan. 24, 2006, RFMD roared 8.9% higher in after-hours trade after the company topped EPS estimates, just missed on sales, and guided its forward outlook above expectation. The stock added smartly to its upside the following day, rising 15.8% by the Jan. 25 closing bell.
- On October 25, 2005, RFMD advanced 3.5% after topping Q2 estimates and forecasting Q3 above Street views. However, it couldn't hold the gains and slid back 7.5% in the next day session.
- On July 26, 2005, RFMD eased 2.8% after beating Q1 estimates but coming in just shy on revenues. The stock widened its losses the next day, ending regular hours trading down 3.1%.
- On April 26, 2005, RFMD dropped 4.6% after missing on Q4 revenue and EPS targets and guiding Q1 below the Street view. Its loss widened to 7.3% in the April 27 regular session.
- RFMD lost 7.2% the night of Jan. 25 after the company beat Q3 expectations but issued a weaker Q4 outlook. The stock pared back its declines in next-day trade, losing 3% by the Jan. 26 closing bell.
- On Oct. 26, 2004 RFMD lost 2.6% in after-hours trade after meeting Street expectations but issuing guidance that could miss estimates. It recorded an abrupt about-face the next day, ending bell-to-bell play up 5.1%.
- On July 20, 2004 RFMD dropped 3.2% in after-hours trade after missing expectations and guiding lower. The stock tumbled 12.6% by the close of the next day's regular session.
- RFMD lost 10% the night of April 27, 2004 after beating on sales but guiding lower. It narrowed its declines the next day, ending bell-to-bell play down 8.5%.
- On Jan. 20, 2004, RFMD plummeted 15.2% in night trade on better-than-expected results but lower guidance. It saw more aggressive sell action the next day, declining 19.6% by the close.