LG Philips LCD (LPL), one of the leading manufacturers of flat panel displays, this morning reported revenue and profit figures well above analyst estimates.
● Q4 Net Income: $332.9 million (Consensus estimates was $275 million)
● Q4 Revenue: $3.04 billion (Consensus estimate was $2.86 billion)
Guidance for Q1:
● ASPs to drop "mid-single digit percentage"
● Shipments "will increase by a mid-single digit percentage quarter-on-quarter"
We'll have the full LPL conference call transcribed later on today -- please check back here.
Companies that these results are relevant to:
- AU Optronics (AUO) - closest comparable company.
- Hitachi (HIT), Sony (SNE) - Japanese conglomerates with rising exposure to flat panels.
- Corning (GLW) - largest manufacturer of glass for flat panels.
- Genesis Microchip (GNSS), Pixelworks (PXLW), Silicon Image (SIMG), Trident (TRID) - chip components for flat panels.
Key Issues for the Conference Call:
- Are price declines too rapid for profitability?
- Are yields high enough?
- Is too much manufacturing capacity coming on line?