Pandora Media (P) provides Internet radio services in the United States. The company allows listeners to create up to 100 personalized stations to access unlimited hours of free music and comedy, as well as offers a paid subscription service to listeners. In June 2011, Pandora has priced its IPO at $16 per share, valuing the company at $2.6 billion.
Pandora is scheduled to report its first quarter earnings results on May 23, 2012, after the market close.
Pandora has a market cap of $1.54 billion and it is currently trading around $9.34 with a 52 week range of $7.83 to $26.00. The stock is down -6.69% YTD. The following table provides the key financial ratios for Pandora:
Return On Assets (ROA)
Return On Equity (ROE)
- On May 8, 2012, Pandora announced at the International CTIA Wireless® 2012 conference that the company now has more than 150 million registered users, making Pandora one of the most widely-used online services in the U.S.
- On April 19, 2012, DISH Network Corp (DISH), one of the nation's leading pay-TV providers, has introduced Pandora for the DISH Hopper™ Whole-Home HD DVR system.
- On April 11, 2012, Pandora announced the "Inside the Music" program, presented by Intel (INTC). The Inside the Music program goes behind-the-scenes of the Pandora Music Genome Project, giving listeners interactive, in-depth views of the music they love.
- On April 4, 2012, Pandora announced at the New York International Auto Show that Suzuki (OTCPK:SZKMY) has joined the roster of automotive brands who have publicly announced plans to integrate Pandora into the radio of the vehicle. Pandora will be available via a Garmin unit that will be factory-installed on most 2013 model year Suzuki vehicles.
- On April 5, 2012, Pandora announced that more than 400 local advertising campaigns have been confirmed to run so far this year, demonstrating increased sales momentum in the top local radio markets.
- On March 7, 2012, DIRECTV (DTV) and Pandora are now giving customers unlimited access to personalized radio stations that play only the music they love from the comfort of their homes.
Analyst Guidance and Earnings History
The first quarter revenues are expected to be $74.29 million and earnings per share are expected to be a loss of 17 cents a share.
The average price target from analysts for Pandora is $13.28 with an average rating of OVERWEIGHT.
Out of the last 3 quarters, Pandora has met or exceeded EPS estimates twice. The following chart shows historical analyst estimates alongside actual EPS results.
Sources: Some of the data is taken from Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Finviz and investor sites.
Disclaimer: I am not a registered investment advisor and do not provide specific investment advice. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this article should be taken as a solicitation to purchase or sell securities. Before buying or selling any stock you should do your own research and reach your own conclusion. It is up to investors to make the correct decision after necessary research.