Dell is a global information technology company that offers its customers a range of solutions and services delivered directly by Dell and through other distribution channels. Dell is a holding company that conducts its business worldwide through its subsidiaries. The Company operates in four segments: Large Enterprise, Public, Small and Medium Business, and Consumer.
Dell Inc. (DELL) is scheduled to report its first quarter earnings results on May 22, 2012, after market close.
(click to enlarge)
Dell has a market cap of $27.17 billion and it is currently trading around $15.42 with a 52 week range of $13.29 to $18.36. The stock has 5.4% price performance for the year 2012. The following table provides the key financial ratios for Dell:
Return On Assets (ROA)
Return On Equity (ROE)
- On May 9, 2012, Dell Enhances Desktop Virtualization Solutions [DVS] Enterprise Offerings with Unidesk, helping to make it easier and more affordable for IT organizations with complex environments or diverse user needs to implement virtual desktop infrastructures [VDI].
- On May 9, 2012, Dell announced it has finalized its acquisition of SonicWALL, Inc., a leader in advanced network security, secure remote access, email security, backup and recovery, and management and reporting.
- On May 8, 2012, Dell and Red Hat, Inc. (RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, announced they have signed an agreement to produce Dell and Red Hat hardware/software solutions for IT manufacturers worldwide.
- On May 8, 2012, Dell Services announced the first offers in its new Dell Cloud suite for SAP solutions, further enriching Dell's portfolio in support of SAP solutions.
- On April 4, 2012, Dell announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Make Technologies, a leading global provider of application modernization software and services that reduce the cost, risk and time required to re-engineer applications.
- On April 3, 2012, Dell announced it has acquired Clerity Solutions, a leading global provider of applications modernization and re-hosting solutions and services.
- On April 2, 2012, Dell announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Wyse Technology, the global leader in cloud client computing, to significantly extend its desktop virtualization offerings.
- On February 24, 2012, Dell announced it has acquired AppAssure, a global leader in complete application protection for virtual, physical and cloud infrastructures.
Analyst Guidance and Earnings History
The first quarter revenues are expected to be $14.92 billion when compared to $15.02 billion for the same quarter last year. Earnings per share for the first quarter are expected to be 0.46 a share, down from 55 cents a share in the year-ago period.
The average price target from analyst for Dell is $19.10 with average rating is OVERWEIGHT.
Out of the last 4 quarters, Dell has met or exceeded the EPS estimates 3 times. The following chart shows the Analyst estimates history and the actual EPS results:
Sources: Some of the data is sourced from Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Finviz and investor sites.
Disclaimer: I am not a registered investment advisor and do not provide specific investment advice. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this article should be taken as a solicitation to purchase or sell securities. Before buying or selling any stock you should do your own research and reach your own conclusion. It is up to investors to make the correct decision after necessary research.