NetApp engages in the design, manufacturing, marketing, and technical support of networked storage solutions. It supplies enterprise storage and data management software, and hardware products and services.
NetApp Inc. (NASDAQ:NTAP) is scheduled to report its fourth quarter earnings results on May 23, 2012, after market close.
NetApp has a market cap of $13.10 billion and it is currently trading around $35.79 with a 52 week range of $33.00 to $56.49. The stock has -1.32% price performance for the year 2012. The following table provides the key financial ratios for NetApp:
- On May 2, 2012, Gale Technologies, a leading provider of innovative software solutions that power Infrastructure as a Service for the lab, data center, and cloud, announced that the GaleForce Turnkey Cloud has been validated by Cisco and NetApp as a FlexPod management solution.
- On May 1, 2012, NetApp announced that Gartner, Inc. positioned NetApp in the Leaders quadrant for Storage Resource Management and SAN Management Software.
- On April 24, 2012, NetApp announced several major enhancements to its NetApp® E-Series platform to help its ecosystem of OEM partners more effectively serve their customers' growing big data requirements and also serve as the platform for many of NetApp's own big data solutions.
- On April 10, 2012, NetApp reported that SOFTBANK Contributes to Japan's Recovery Process by Utilizing NetApp Technology Following 2011 Earthquake and Tsunami.
- On March 27, 2012, GridIron Systems announced its TurboCharger™ SAN acceleration appliance has been certified as interoperable with NetApp unified storage solutions.
- On March 20, 2012 - Egnyte Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud file server solutions, announced its membership in the NetApp Alliance Partner Program. The NetApp Alliance Partner Program provides qualified infrastructure and application providers with access to NetApp solutions, software development kits, technical support, training, certification, product information, and marketing and sales assistance.
Analyst Guidance and Earnings History
The fourth quarter revenues are expected to be $1.69 billion when compared to $1.43 billion for the same quarter last year. Earnings per share for the fourth quarter are expected to be 0.63 a share, up from 59 cents a share in the year-ago period.
The average price target from analyst for NetApp is $48.04 with average rating is overweight.
Out of the last 4 quarters, NetApp has met or exceeded the EPS estimates 4 times. The following chart shows the Analyst estimates history and the actual EPS results:
Sources: Some of the data is taken from Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Finviz and investor sites.
Disclaimer: I am not a registered investment advisor and do not provide specific investment advice. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this article should be taken as a solicitation to purchase or sell securities. Before buying or selling any stock you should do your own research and reach your own conclusion. It is up to investors to make the correct decision after necessary research.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a long position in (NTAP) over the next 72 hours.