Trina Solar Limited, an integrated solar-power products manufacturer, engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of photovoltaic (PV) modules worldwide. Trina Solar Limited (TSL) is scheduled to report its first quarter earnings results on May 23, 2012, before market open.
Click to enlarge.
Trina Solar has a market cap of $537.11 million and it is currently trading around $6.62 with a 52 week range of $5.28 to $24.02. The stock has -3.29% price performance for the year 2012. The following table provides the key financial ratios for Trina Solar:
Return On Assets (ROA)
Return On Equity (ROE)
- On May 15, 2012, Trina Solar announced that it has entered into a supply agreement with Longyuan (Tibet) New Energy Co., Ltd. to supply an off-grid solar system project in the Northern Tibetan region of Naqu.
- April 12, 2012, Trina Solar announced that it will partner with the Plant-for-the-Planet Children's Initiative to offset the carbon emissions of the Lotus F1 Team single seaters, the Formula 1 racing team it sponsors.
- On April 25, 2012, Zacks Investment Research, Inc. downgraded Trina Solar from hold to sell.
- On April 19, 2012, Thomson Reuters/Verus downgraded Trina Solar from hold to sell.
- On April 17, 2012, Trina Solar was upgraded to Buy from Hold at Auriga and set the Price target as $9.00.
- On April 2, 2012, Thomson Reuters/Verus upgraded Trina Solar from sell to hold.
- On March 22, 2012, Trina Solar announced that it will launch a partner program for installers in German-speaking markets on the 2nd April 2012.
- On March 19, 2012, Thomson Reuters/Verus downgraded Trina Solar from hold to sell.
- On March 19, 2012, Barclays Capital downgraded Trina Solar from overweight to equalweight.
- On March 16, 2012, Ford Equity Research downgraded Trina Solar from unfavorable to most unfavorable.
- On March 16, 2012, Trina Solar and advocate Patrick Dempsey (as part of Dempsey Racing) announced a new philanthropic initiative to bring affordable clean energy to communities around the U.S. This will involve donating solar modules to local schools, health clinics, and nongovernmental organizations and building the infrastructure to sustain the investment, including a network of supportive local partners, local installers, and system component providers.
- On March 9, 2012, Ford Equity Research upgraded Trina Solar from most unfavorable to unfavorable.
- On March 6, 2012, Trina Solar announced the establishment of two new Sales and Project Development Offices in Chengdu and Urumqi, China.
- On February 28, 2012, Thomson Financial - Gradient upgraded Trina Solar from sell to hold.
- On February 24, 2012, Ativo Research downgraded Trina Solar from neutral to most unfavorable.
- On February 25, 2012, Columbine Capital Services, Inc. downgraded Trina Solar from neutral to unfavorable.
- On February 23, 2012, Standard & Poor`s downgraded Trina Solar from 4-star to 3-star.
Analyst Guidance and Earnings History
The first quarter revenues are expected to be $396.24 million when compared to $550.85 million for the same quarter last year. Earnings per share for the first quarter are expected to be loss of 29 cents a share, down from 63 cents a share in the year-ago period. The average price target from analyst for Trina Solar is $8.54 with n average rating of hold.
Out of the last 4 quarters, Trina Solar has missed the EPS estimates all the 4 times. The following chart shows the Analyst estimates history and the actual EPS results:
Sources: Some of the data is taken from Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Finviz and investor sites.
Disclaimer: I am not a registered investment advisor and do not provide specific investment advice. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this article should be taken as a solicitation to purchase or sell securities. Before buying or selling any stock you should do your own research and reach your own conclusion. It is up to investors to make the correct decision after necessary research.