SAIC, Inc. (SAI) provides scientific, engineering, systems integration, and technical services and solutions to agencies of the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S.
SAIC is scheduled to report its first quarter earnings results on May 31, 2012, after market close.
SAIC has a market cap of $3.59 billion and it is currently trading around $10.51 with a 52 week range of $10.33 to $17.39. The stock has -15.46% price performance for the year 2012. The following table provides the key financial ratios for SAIC:
Return On Assets (ROA)
Return On Equity (ROE)
- On May 21, 2012, SAIC announced it was recognized as a leader in the environmental services market in the "Green Quadrant Environmental Services Providers (US)" report from independent analyst firm Verdantix.
- On May 16, 2012, SAIC announced that SAIC and Lingotek Team to offer Translation Solution Tailored for Language Service Providers - a new machine translation solution incorporating the SAIC Omnifluent Translate hybrid machine translator (HMT) within Lingotek's Collaborative Translation Platform.
- On May 16, 2012, SAIC announced it was recognized as a 2012 SmartCEO VOLT Leader in Technology by Baltimore SmartCEO magazine, winning the large Technology Innovator category.
- On May 15, 2012, SAIC announced it was awarded a prime contract by the U.S. Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center (SSC) Atlantic to provide engineering and prototyping integration, software integration, and technical support services for tactical vehicles.
- On May 14, 2012, SAIC announced it was awarded a prime contract by the U.S. Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic for the procurement of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS), network and communications equipment and related support services.
- On May 10, 2012, SAIC announced it was awarded a prime contract by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to provide tactical and mission critical communications services to the DHS community - a total contract value of approximately $3 billion if all options are exercised
- On May 10, 2012, SAIC announced it was awarded a prime contract by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) St. Louis District to provide Hazardous, Toxic and Radioactive Waste (HTRW) investigation and remediation programs - a total contract value of approximately $37 million.
- On May 7, 2012, SAIC announced it was awarded a task order by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to provide network support services to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Center for Information Technology (CIT), Division of Network Systems and Telecommunications (DNST) - a contract value of approximately $22 million if all options are exercised.
- On April 26, 2012, SAIC announced it was awarded a prime contract by the U.S. Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) to produce the Battle Force Tactical Network (BFTN) system - a contract value of approximately $57 million, if all options are exercised.
- On April 12, 2012, SAIC announced it was awarded a task order by the U.S. Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic to provide program management, technical, engineering, application development and operational support required to manage, enhance and develop new solution functionality for Veteran's Affairs (VA) benefit systems - a total value of approximately $37 million if all options are exercised.
- On April 11, 2012, SAIC announced it was awarded a task order by the Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic for a full range of command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR) engineering and integration services associated with tactical vehicles for any U.S. Department of Defense or other agency customer - a value of approximately $36 million.
- On March 27, 2012, SAIC announced it was awarded a prime contract by the U.S. Space and Naval Warfare Systems Center Atlantic to provide networking, joint base and technology transition services in support of the warfighter - approximately $230 million, if all options are exercised.
Analyst Guidance and Earnings History
The first quarter revenues are expected to be $2.69 billion when compared to $2.69 billion for the same quarter last year. Earnings per share for the first quarter are expected to be 33 cents a share, down from 36 cents a share in the year-ago period.
The average price target from analyst for SAIC is $13.71 with average rating is HOLD
Out of the last 4 quarters, SAIC has exceeded the EPS estimates only one time and they missed EPS by large margin during last 2 quarters. The following chart shows the Analyst estimates history and the actual EPS results:
Sources: Some of the data is taken from Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Finviz and investor sites.
Disclaimer: I am not a registered investment advisor and do not provide specific investment advice. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this article should be taken as a solicitation to purchase or sell securities. Before buying or selling any stock you should do your own research and reach your own conclusion. It is up to investors to make the correct decision after necessary research.
I change my positions very frequently and may initiate either long or short positions in the above mentioned stocks at any time.