Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited (Yingli Solar) (YGE) , together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, manufacture, assembling, sale, and installation of photovoltaic (PV) products in the People's Republic of China and internationally.
Yingli Solar is scheduled to report its first quarter earnings results on May 30, 2012, before market open.
Yingli has a market cap of $4438.42M million and it is currently trading around $2.80 with a 52 week range of $2.52 to $9.60. The stock has -26.32% price performance for the year 2012. The following table provides the key financial ratios for Yingli:
|Return On Assets (ROA)||-12.64%|
|Return On Equity (ROE)||-47.50%|
- On May 17, 2012, Yingli Green Energy commented on the preliminary anti-dumping tariff decision by the Department of Commerce regarding the import of Chinese PV cells and PV modules to the United States. According to the decision, Yingli will be part of the separate rates group, subject to a preliminary anti-dumping tariff of 31.18%. This is following the March 20th preliminary decision on anti-subsidy tariffs, where Yingli was given a negligible amount of 3.61%.
- On May 9, 2012, Yingli Green Energy announced its partnership with Light ESCO, EDF Consultoria, and the State of Rio de Janeiro to bring solar power to Brazil's highest-profile football stadium, Estadio do Maracana.
- On May 4, 2012, Yingli Green Energy announced the establishment of its regional headquarters in Tokyo, Japan in order to strengthen business practices and further business development in Japan.
- On May 3, 2012, Yingli Green Energy announced that one of its primary operating subsidiaries, Yingli Energy (CHINA) Company Limited ("Yingli China"), has successfully completed its issuance of 1.5 billion RMB-denominated unsecured medium-term notes (the "Issuance").
Here's a list of recent changes to analyst ratings:
- On May 21, 2012, Thomson Reuters/Verus upgraded YingliGreen Energy from SELL to HOLD.
- On May 1, 2012, Zacks Investment Research, Inc. downgraded Yingli Green Energy from HOLD to SELL.
- On May 1, 2012, Citigroup Investment Research upgraded Yingli Green Energy from SELL to BUY.
- On April 19, 2012, Thomson Reuters/Verus downgraded Yingli Green Energy from HOLD to SELL.
- On April 2, 2012, Thomson Reuters/Verus upgraded Yingli Green Energy from SELL to HOLD.
- On March 31, 2012, Columbine Capital Services, Inc. upgraded Yingli Green Energy from UNFAVORABLE to NEUTRAL.
- On March 12, 2012, Thomson Financial - Gradient downgraded Yingli Green Energy from HOLD to SELL.
- On March 9, 2012, Ativo Research downgraded Yingli Green Energy from NEUTRAL to MOST UNFAVORABLE.
- On March 3, 2012, Columbine Capital Services, Inc. downgraded Yingli Green Energy from NEUTRAL to UNFAVORABLE.
- On March 2, 2012, Ativo Research downgraded Yingli Green Energy from FAVORABLE to NEUTRAL.
Analyst Guidance and Earnings History
The first quarter revenues are expected to be $448.88 million when compared to $527.31 million for the same quarter last year. Earnings per share for the first quarter are expected to be loss of 21 cents a share, down from 35 cents a share in the year-ago period.
The average price target from analyst for Yingli is $4.12 with average rating is HOLD.
Out of the last 4 quarters, Yingli has exceeded the EPS estimates only once. The following chart shows the Analyst estimates history and the actual EPS results:
Sources: Some of the data is taken from Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Finviz and investor sites.
Disclaimer: I am not a registered investment advisor and do not provide specific investment advice. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this article should be taken as a solicitation to purchase or sell securities. Before buying or selling any stock you should do your own research and reach your own conclusion. It is up to investors to make the correct decision after necessary research.
I change my positions very frequently and may initiate either long or short positions in the above mentioned stocks at any time.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.