Jeremy Levine of Bessemer Venture Partners makes his 'long and short' picks on the six emerging trends in the digital media business. Highly relevant discussion for Microsoft and Intel, among others. Here's a summary -- go read the whole thing for details:
● Every consumer electronics device (TVs, clock radios, etc.) will be connected to the Internet.
● Mommy and Grandma will soon be fighting with the teenage kids for Xbox time.
● We'll all be browsing the web in the kitchen.
● Consumers will continue to pay $100/month bundled cable/content bills.
● We'll consume our living room content "on the go" (a la Sling Devices).
● With all this precious digital content on our PCs, a backup server in the home will become a must-have.