Exide Technologies (Exide) is a provider of stored electrical energy solutions, and is a manufacturer and supplier of lead-acid batteries for transportation and industrial applications worldwide. Exide Technologies (XIDE) is scheduled to report its fourth quarter earnings results on June 08, 2012, before market open.
Exide has a market cap of $184.74 million and it is currently trading around $2.34 with a 52 week range of $2.22 to $9.98. The stock has -11.03% price performance for the year 2012. The following table provides the key financial ratios for Exide:
|Return On Assets (ROA)||2.18%|
|Return On Equity (ROE)||11.29%|
Recent News & Analyst Ratings
- On Mar 13, 2012, Exide Technologies Launches Advanced Technology Battery Geared Toward Longer Life. The Launch brings new jobs, expanded operation in Columbus, GA.
- On Mar 05, 2012 Stifel Nicolaus resumes coverage on Exide Technologies with a Hold.
- On Feb 16, 2012 Exide Technologies Appoints Carla Chaney To Executive Vice President, Human Resources
- On Feb 16, 2012 Exide Launches the first of its kind European battery finder application for the iPhone.
- On Feb 13, 2012, Ardour Capital downgraded Exide Technologies from Buy to Hold, and set price target lowered from $4.50 to $3.25.
Analyst Guidance and Earnings History
The fourth quarter revenues are expected to be $750.48 million when compared to $774.55 million for the same quarter last year. Earnings per share for the fourth quarter are expected to be 8 cents a share, up from loss of 18 cents a share in the year-ago period.
The average price target from analyst for Exide is $5.5 with average rating is OVERWEIGHT
Out of the last 4 quarters, Exide has met or exceeded the EPS estimates only once. The following chart shows the Analyst estimates history and the actual EPS results:
Sources: Some of the data is taken from Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Finviz and investor sites.
Disclaimer: I am not a registered investment advisor and do not provide specific investment advice. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this article should be taken as a solicitation to purchase or sell securities. Before buying or selling any stock you should do your own research and reach your own conclusion. It is up to investors to make the correct decision after necessary research.
I change my positions very frequently and may initiate either long or short positions in the above mentioned stocks at any time.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a long position in XIDE over the next 72 hours.