** TRADING HEADLINES **
- Roche 2005 Profit Drops 12 Percent After Year-Earlier Gain Buoyed Results
- Deutsche Bank’s Profit May Jump on Trading Revenue, Lower Costs From Cuts
- Ireland’s Commercial Real Estate Returned 24 Percent Last Year, IPD Says
- Mecom’s Montgomery May Make Bid for Dutch Regional Newspaper, Times Says
- Dollar May Advance on Speculation Reports Will Signal Economic Expansion
- Europe Manufacturing Growth Probably Accelerated, Economists’ Survey Shows
- Oil Falls for a Second Day as Iran Says Nuclear Dispute Won’t Halt Exports
- European Earnings Today: British Sky Broadcasting, Business Objects, Stork
** IN PLAY TODAY **
- Earnings reports today: Roche Holdings, Business Objects, BSKYB & Stork.
- Roche reports net income of CHF 5.79bn, above the CHF5.5bn consensus, ups
dividends and confirms positive outlook for 2006.
- Unicredito sells its custodian and securities services business to Societe General for EUR548m. Deal was known to the market, but price is at high end of expectations.
- BSKY announces a better than expected burn rate of 10.6% (10.9% expected) and stronger ARPU of 397 (392 expected).
- Deutsche Telekom plans to double its international revenue within the next five years, Financial
Times Deutschland said, citing an interview with the unit’s new head Lothar Pauly.
- Getronics said it won a “multiyear'’ contract from De Ruiter Seeds to manage information and communications infrastructure at its headquarters and 12 international locations.
- Linde continues to be interested in buying rival BOC Group even after BOC rejected Linde’s bid earlier this month, Reuters said, citing unidentified people close to the situation.
- Pernod Ricard completed the transfer of some brands to Fortune Brands Inc. and said it will get an additional 199 million pounds from the sale.