Majesco Entertainment Company (NASDAQ:COOL) develops and markets video game products primarily for family-oriented, mass-market consumers in the United States, Europe, and the PAL territories. The company is scheduled to report its second quarter earnings results on June 11, 2012, after market close.
Majesco Entertainment has a market cap of $83.94 million and is currently trading around $2.03 with a 52-week range of $1.61 to $4.53. The stock has -16.8% price performance for 2012. The following table provides key financial ratios for Majesco Entertainment:
Return On Assets (ROA)
Return On Equity (ROE)
- On May 30, 2012, Majesco Entertainment announced that the pop icon Hello Kitty will make her Nintendo 3DSTM debut in "Hello Kitty Picnic With Sanrio Friends."
- On May 29, 2012, Majesco Entertainment announced that the "Cooking Mama" video game franchise is "serving up double the fun and terrific value with three separate combo packs that bundle together some of the hit franchise's best-selling games."
- On May 24, 2012, Majesco Entertainment confirmed that "NBA Baller Beats," a "fun, high-energy and first-of-its kind game that requires players to use a real basketball to play," will come packaged with a full-sized officially licensed NBA game ball replica from Spalding, the official provider of the NBA game basketball.
- On May 21, 2012, Majesco Entertainment announced that Majesco plans to release Harley Pasternak's "Hollywood Workout," the interactive game that "gives you direct access to the fitness program many of today's Hollywood celebrities use to achieve and maintain their physiques."
- On May 15, 2012, Majesco Entertainment released its first "Zumba Fitness Rush" downloadable dance style pack, featuring "three exotic Bollywood songs to spice up your workout and build your track library. Additionally, Majesco Entertainment launched a Zumba wear Avatar Collection so fans can customize their Xbox LIVE avatars with virtual apparel inspired by the fan favorite Zumba Wear apparel and accessory line currently worn by millions."
- On April 5, 2012, Majesco Entertainment announced that "Double Dragon: Neon" will be released as a full-scale digital game on Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360 video-game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation Network this summer.
- March 12, 2012, Majesco Entertainment announced that "Mini Putt Park," Majesco's first internally developed social game, is coming exclusively to the Facebook platform in the next few weeks.
Here's a list of recent changes to analyst ratings:
- On June 3, 2012, Ativo Research downgraded Majesco Entertainment from Favorable to Neutral.
- On May 11, 2012, Ativo Research upgraded Majesco Entertainment from Neutral to Favorable.
- On April 5, 2012, Audit Integrity downgraded Majesco Entertainment from 5 to 4.
- On March 14, 2012, Zacks Investment Research, Inc. upgraded Majesco Entertainment from Sell to Hold.
Analyst Guidance and Earnings History
The second-quarter revenues are expected to be $30.04 million when compared to $32.14 million for the same quarter last year. Earnings per share for the second quarter are expected to be 8 cents a share, down from 13 cents a share in the year-ago period.
The average price target from analyst for Majesco Entertainment is $4.1, with an average rating of Overweight. Out of the last four quarters, Majesco Entertainment has met or exceeded the EPS estimates two times. The following chart shows the Analyst estimates history and the actual EPS results:
Sources: Some of the data is taken from Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Finviz and investor sites.
Disclaimer: I am not a registered investment advisor and do not provide specific investment advice. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this article should be taken as a solicitation to purchase or sell securities. Before buying or selling any stock you should do your own research and reach your own conclusion. It is up to investors to make the correct decision after necessary research.