Pier 1 Imports, Inc. (NYSE:PIR), together with its subsidiaries, operates as an importer and specialty retailer of decorative home furnishings and gifts primarily in the United States and Canada.
Pier 1 Imports is scheduled to report its first-quarter earnings results on June 14, 2012, before market open.
(click to enlarge all images)
Pier 1 Imports has a market cap of $1.67 billion and it is currently trading around $15.27 with a 52-week range of $8.60 to $19.09. The stock has 9.62% price performance for the year 2012. The following table provides the key financial ratios for Pier 1 Imports:
Return On Assets (ROA)
Return On Equity (ROE)
- On May. 31, 2012, Pier 1 Imports reported sales results for the first quarter ended May 26, 2012. Comparable store sales for the first quarter ended May 26, 2012 increased 7.2% compared with an increase of 10.2% for the first quarter ended May 28, 2011. Total sales for the quarter improved 7.9% to $361 million compared with $335 million in the year-ago quarter.
Here is a list of recent changes in analyst ratings for the stock:
- On May 23, 2012 Zacks Investment Research, Inc. downgraded Pier 1 Imports from BUY to HOLD.
- On May 8, 2012 Thomas White/Global Capital upgraded Pier 1 Imports from FAVORABLE to MOST FAVORABLE.
- On May 3, 2012 Audit Integrity, Inc downgraded Pier 1 Imports from 5 to 4.
- On April 27, 2012 Ford Equity Research upgraded Pier 1 Imports from FAVORABLE to BUY.
- On April 23, 2012 Thomson Reuters/Verus downgraded Pier 1 Imports from BUY to HOLD.
- On April 19, 2012 Thomson Reuters/Verus resumed coverage for Pier 1 Imports with a BUY recommendation.
- On April 16, 2012 Ford Equity Research downgraded Pier 1 Imports from FAVORABLE to NEUTRAL.
- On April 14, 2012 Ford Equity Research upgraded Pier 1 Imports from NEUTRAL to FAVORABLE.
- On April 9, 2012 Ned Davis Research upgraded Pier 1 Imports from NEUTRAL to BUY.
- On April 6, 2012 Ford Equity Research downgraded Pier 1 Imports from MOST FAVORABLE to NEUTRAL.
Analyst Guidance and Earnings History
First-quarter revenue is expected to be $360.99 million compared with $334.60 million for the same quarter last year. Earnings per share for the first quarter are expected to be 16 cents a share, up from 12 cents a share in the year-ago period.
The average price target from analysts for Pier 1 Imports is $20.88 with the average rating OVERWEIGHT
Out of the last four quarters, Pier 1 Imports has met the EPS estimates all four times. The following chart shows the Analyst estimates history and the actual EPS results:
Sources: Some of the data is taken from Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Finviz and investor sites.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a short position in PIR over the next 72 hours.