Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (BBBY) is a chain of retail stores selling a range of domestics merchandise and home furnishings. Bed Bath & Beyond is scheduled to report its first-quarter earnings results on June 20, 2012, after market close.
Bed Bath & Beyond has a market cap of $16.55 billion and it is currently trading around $70.81 with a 52-week range of $48.75 to $74.67. The stock has 22.15% price performance for the year 2012. The following table provides the key financial ratios for Bed Bath & Beyond:
|Return On Assets (ROA)||17.40%|
|Return On Equity (ROE)||25.20%|
- On June 1, 2012, Bed Bath & Beyond announced the all cash acquisition of Linen Holdings, LLC for approximately $105 million. The acquisition of Linen Holdings, LLC will have no effect on the results for Bed Bath & Beyond Inc.'s fiscal first quarter ended May 26, 2012 since the transaction occurred during the fiscal second quarter of 2012.
- On May 9, 2012, Bed Bath & Beyond and Cost Plus Inc (CPWM) jointly announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Bed Bath & Beyond will acquire Cost Plus in an all-cash transaction. Bed Bath & Beyond has agreed to make a cash tender offer for all outstanding shares of Cost Plus common stock at a price of $22 per share, followed by a merger in which all shareholders that have not tendered would receive the same consideration.
Here's a list of recent changes to analyst ratings:
- On June 4, 2012, Jefferies maintained a BUY rating on Bed Bath & Beyond and set the price target of $78.00.
- On May 19, 2012 Columbine Capital Services, Inc. upgraded Bed Bath & Beyond from NEUTRAL to FAVORABLE.
- On May 17, 2012, Barclays maintains an OVERWEIGHT on Bed Bath & Beyond and set the price target of $76.00.
- On May 17, 2012, KeyBanc downgraded Cost Plus (CPWM) from BUY to HOLD.
- On May 11, 2012, Credit Suisse upgraded Bed Bath & Beyond from NEUTRAL to OUTPERFORM and boosted its price target from $75.00 to $91.00.
- On May 10, 2012, Wedbush downgraded Cost Plus (CPWM) from OUTPERFORM to NEUTRAL with a price target of $22.00.
- On May 8, 2012 Thomas White/Global Capital upgraded Bed Bath & Beyond from FAVORABLE to MOST FAVORABLE.
- On May 5, 2012 Columbine Capital Services, Inc. upgraded Bed Bath & Beyond from NEUTRAL to FAVORABLE.
- On April 28, 2012 Columbine Capital Services, Inc. downgraded Bed Bath & Beyond from FAVORABLE to NEUTRAL.
- On April 27, 2012 Ford Equity Research upgraded Bed Bath & Beyond from FAVORABLE to BUY.
- On April 12, 2012, Bed Bath & Beyond was downgraded to HOLD from BUY at Canaccord.
- On April 9, 2012 Ned Davis Research upgraded Bed Bath & Beyond from NEUTRAL to BUY.
- On April 7, 2012 Columbine Capital Services, Inc. downgraded Bed Bath & Beyond from FAVORABLE to NEUTRAL.
Analyst Guidance and Earnings History
The first-quarter revenue is expected to be $2.25 billion compared with $2.11 billion for the same quarter last year. Earnings per share for the first quarter are expected to be 84 cents a share, up from 72 cents a share in the year-ago period.
The average price target from analyst for Bed Bath & Beyond is $75.92 with average rating OVERWEIGHT.
Out of the last four quarters, Bed Bath & Beyond has met or exceeded the EPS estimates all the four times. The following chart shows the Analyst estimates history and the actual EPS results:
The following chart shows the annual summary of Sales and Net income for Bed Bath & Beyond:
Sources: Some of the data is taken from Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Nasdaq, Finviz and investor sites.
Disclaimer: I am not a registered investment advisor and do not provide specific investment advice. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this article should be taken as a solicitation to purchase or sell securities. Before buying or selling any stock you should do your own research and reach your own conclusion. It is up to investors to make the correct decision after necessary research.