Oracle Corporation, an enterprise software company, develops, manufactures, markets, distributes, and services database and middleware software, applications software, and hardware systems worldwide.
Oracle Corporation (ORCL) is scheduled to report its fourth quarter earnings results on June 21, 2012, after the market close.
Oracle has a market cap of $135.12 billion and it is currently trading around $27.24 with a 52 week range of $24.72 to $34.13. The stock has gained 5.96% YTD. The following table provides the key financial ratios for Oracle:
|Return On Assets (ROA)||13.71%|
|Return On Equity (ROE)||24.50%|
- On June 6, 2012, Oracle announced the industry's broadest and most advanced Cloud strategy and introduced Oracle Cloud Social Services, a broad Enterprise Social Platform offering.
- On June 6, 2012, Oracle announced the new support offering ("Oracle Platinum Services") that provides highest level of service in the Industry.
- On June 5, 2012, Oracle announced that Oracle Database 11g Release 2 and Oracle Real Application Clusters set a new world record on the SAP for Utilities standard application benchmark (1). This record-breaking result demonstrates Oracle's continued commitment to helping its customers get the best performance and scalability from their SAP applications.
- On June 5, 2012, Oracle announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Collective Intellect. Collective Intellect's leading cloud-based social intelligence solutions enable organizations to monitor, understand and respond to consumers' conversations on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- On May 24, 2012, Oracle announced that it has been named a winner of TM Forum's Excellence Awards 2012 in the Industry Leadership category.
- On May 23, 2012, Oracle announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Vitrue, a leading cloud-based social marketing and engagement platform that enables marketers to centrally create, publish, moderate, manage, measure and report on their social marketing campaigns and activities on social media platforms such as Facebook (FB), Twitter, YouTube and Google+ (GOOG).
- On May 23, 2012, Oracle announced the availability of its latest release of Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control, a highly scalable online charging and session control platform for communications service providers (CSPs).
- On May 18, 2012, Oracle announced the availability of Oracle VM Server for x86 Release 3.1, the latest release of Oracle's server virtualization solution designed to support rapid application deployment and simplify data center management from applications to disk.
- On May 15, 2012, Oracle announced availability of Oracle Health Sciences ClearTrial 4.6, the latest version of the cloud-based clinical trial operations software developed by ClearTrial, which is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Oracle.
- On May 15, 2012, Oracle announced the availability of Oracle Insurance Insbridge Rating and Underwriting 4.6, an adaptive, enterprise-wide rating engine for product management, premium calculation and underwriting rules management.
- On May 10, 2012, Oracle announced Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure 3.4, Sun Ray Software 5.3 and Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 3.1, which are part of Oracle's desktop virtualization portfolio.
Analyst Guidance and Earnings History
The fourth quarter revenues are expected to be $10.90 billion when compared to $10.81 billion for the same quarter last year. Earnings per share for the fourth quarter are expected to be 78 cents a share, up from 75 cents a share in the year-ago period.
The average price target from analyst for Oracle is $33.96 with average rating is OVERWEIGHT
Out of the last 4 quarters, Oracle has met or exceeded the EPS estimates 3 times. The following chart shows the Analyst estimates history and the actual EPS results:
click to enlarge
The following chart shows the annual summary of Sales and Net income for Oracle:
Sources: Some of the data is taken from Google Finance, Yahoo Finance, Finviz and investor sites.
Disclaimer: I am not a registered investment advisor and do not provide specific investment advice. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing in this article should be taken as a solicitation to purchase or sell securities. Before buying or selling any stock you should do your own research and reach your own conclusion. It is up to investors to make the correct decision after necessary research.
Additional Disclosure: I change my positions very frequently and may initiate either long or short positions in the above mentioned stocks at any time.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a long position in ORCL over the next 72 hours.