Apogee Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ:APOG), together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design and development of glass products, services, and systems. The company operates through two segments, Architectural Products and Services, and Large-Scale Optical Technologies.
It is scheduled to report its Q1 2013 results on June 20, 2012, after the market closes.
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has met or beaten analysts' estimates in the last two quarters. In the last quarter it reported $0.11 EPS, beating analyst estimates of $0.06.
The consensus EPS is $0.03 based on 4 analysts' estimates, up from ($0.08) loss a year ago. Revenue estimates are $160.74M, up from $153.34M a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $17.50.
Average recommendation: Overweight
- Market Cap: 418.83M
- 52-week trading range: 7.79 - 16.44
- Trailing P/E: 88.68
- Forward P/E: 19.49
- Price/Sales: 0.63
- Price/Book: 1.29
- PEG Ratio: 3.56
- Total Debt: 21.02M
- Annual dividend yield: 2.30%
- Return on Equity: 1.45%
- Return on Assets: 0.48%
- On April 28, 2012, Apogee Enterprises, Inc.announced it has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.09 per share, payable on June 1, 2012 to shareholders of record on May 17, 2012.
- On April 12, 2012, Apogee Enterprises, Inc. announced that for fiscal 2013, it expects earnings per share (EPS) in the range of $0.40-0.50 on mid single-digit revenue growth.
- On December 15, 2011, Apogee Enterprises, Inc. announced that due to the strong third-quarter 2012 performance, the Company has increased its fiscal 2012 outlook. The Company now anticipate that revenues will increase approximately 14%, up from prior expectations of more than 10% growth, and fiscal 2012 earnings per share should be at least $0.07.
Apogee Enterprises, Inc. operates in General Building Materials industry. The company could be compared to Headwaters Inc. (NYSE:HW), NCI Building Systems Inc. (NYSE:NCS), PGT, Inc. (NASDAQ:PGTI), and Gibraltar Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:ROCK). Below is the table comparison of the most important ratios between these companies and the industry.
Below is the chart comparison with the stock price changes as a percentage for the selected companies and S&P 500 index for the last one year period.
Competitors' Latest Development
- On May 3, 2012, NCI Building Systems, Inc. announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to purchase Metl-Span LLC from a subsidiary of BlueScope Steel North America Corporation for $145 million in cash.
- On Feb 24, 2012, Gibraltar Industries, Inc. announced that it is well-positioned to improve margins by leveraging expected incremental sales in fiscal 2012. According to I/B/E/S Estimates, analysts on an average are expecting the Company to report revenue of $866.83 million for fiscal 2012.
- On Jan 31, 2012, Headwaters Inc affirmed fiscal 2012 adjusted EBITDA guidance from continuing operations to be in the range of $85 to $95 million.
- On Jan 4, 2012, Headwaters Inc announced that Great River Energy has acquired full ownership of Blue Flint Ethanol LLC, an ethanol biorefinery located in Underwood, ND, from Headwaters Ethanol Holdings LLC, a subsidiary of Headwaters Incorporated.
Sources: Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Marketwatch, Finviz, Reuters.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.