Jabil Circuit, Inc. (NYSE:JBL), together with its subsidiaries, provides electronic manufacturing services and solutions worldwide. The company offers electronics and mechanical design, production, product management, and after-market services to companies in the aerospace, automotive, computing, consumer, defense, industrial, instrumentation, medical, networking, peripherals, solar, storage, and telecommunications industries.
It is scheduled to report its Q3 2012 results on June 19, 2012, after the market closes.
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has met or beaten analysts' estimates in the last four quarters. In the last quarter it reported $0.58 EPS, meeting analyst estimates.
The consensus EPS is $0.64 based on 11 analysts' estimates, up from $0.58 a year ago. Revenue estimates are $4.29B, up from $4.23B a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $30.00.
Average recommendation: Overweight
Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades
- On March 14, 2012, RBC Capital Mkts initiated Outperform rating for the company.
- On March 5, 2012, the company was downgraded from Strong Buy to Buy at Needham.
- On February 9, 2012, UBS initiated Buy rating for the company.
- Market Cap: 3.85B
- 52-week trading range: 13.94 - 27.40
- Trailing P/E: 9.37
- Forward P/E: 6.21
- Price/Sales: 0.23
- Price/Book: 2.00
- PEG Ratio: 0.59
- Total Debt: 1.39B
- Annual dividend yield: 1.60%
- Return on Equity: 22.57%
- Return on Assets: 5.80%
- On March 20, 2012, Jabil Circuit, Inc. announced that for the third quarter of 2012, it expects net revenue to range from $4.2- $4.4 billion, core operating income to range from $185- $205 million, core earnings per share to range from $0.60 to $0.70 per diluted share (EPS) and GAAP earnings per share are expected to be in a range from $0.49-$0.59 per diluted share.
Jabil Circuit Inc. operates in Printed Circuit Boards industry. The company could be compared to Benchmark Electronics Inc. (NYSE:BHE), Celestica Inc. (NYSE:CLS), Plexus Corp. (NASDAQ:PLXS), and Sanmina-SCI Corp. (NASDAQ:SANM). Below is the table comparison of the most important ratios between these companies and the industry.
Below is the comparison between the price changes for one year period for these companies.
Competitors' Latest Development
- On May 14, 2012, Plexus Corp. announced that it intends to construct a 410,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Neenah, WI. This facility will replace two existing leased facilities in Neenah and will consolidate approximately 1000 employees into the new building.
- On Apr 26, 2012, Benchmark Electronics, Inc. announced that for second quarter of 2012, it expects revenue to be between $595-$625 million and diluted earnings per share between $0.26-$0.30.
- On Apr 23, 2012, Sanmina-SCI Corp announced that for the third quarter of 2012, it expects revenue to be in the range of $1.475-$1.525 billion and non-GAAP diluted earnings per share to be in the range of $0.26-$0.32.
- On Apr 18, 2012, Plexus Corp. announced that for third quarter of 2012, it expects revenue to be in the range of $590-$620 million and diluted earnings per share to be in the range of $0.60 to $0.66 excluding any unanticipated restructuring charges and including approximately $0.08 per share of stock-based compensation expense.
- On Apr 3, 2012, Plexus Corp. announced plans to construct a new manufacturing facility in Oradea, Romania. The facility, which will be located in the Eurobusiness Industrial Park, will replace Plexus' existing leased facility in Oradea.
- On Feb 2, 2012, Benchmark Electronics, Inc. announced that for first quarter of 2012, it expects sales to be between $550 million and $590 million and earnings per share in the range of $0.17 and $0.23.
- On Jan 18, 2012, Plexus Corp. announced that for the second quarter of 2012, it expects revenue between $550-$580 million and diluted earnings per share to be between $0.51-$0.58, excluding any restructuring charges and including approximately $0.09 per share of stock based compensation expense.
- On Jan 18, 2012, Sanmina-SCI Corp announced that for the second quarter of 2012, it expects revenue between $1.45-$1.55 billion and Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share between $0.24-$0.30.
- On Jan 5, 2012, Kontron AG announced that on January 5, 2012 it has signed a term sheet with Plexus Corp. The structure for the contemplated transaction is an asset transaction in which assets of Kontron Design Manufacturing Services, a wholly owned Kontron AG subsidiary based in Penang, Malaysia, will be transferred to Plexus Corp.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.