Actuant Corporation (NYSE:ATU) designs, manufactures, and distributes industrial products and systems worldwide. The company's Industrial segment provides hydraulic and mechanical tools, including hydraulic tools, heavy lifting solutions, work holding solutions, and concrete stressing products to the maintenance, industrial, infrastructure, and production automation markets.
It is scheduled to report its Q3 2012 results on June 20, 2012, after the bell.
- Market Cap: 1.81B
- 52-week trading range: 17.47 - 29.97
- Trailing P/E: 13.43
- Forward P/E: 11.65
- Price/Sales: 1.16
- Price/Book: 1.90
- PEG Ratio: 0.85
- Total Debt: 525.07M
- Annual dividend yield: 0.20%
- Return on Equity: 16.34%
- Return on Assets: 7.16%
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has met or beaten analysts' estimates in the last four quarters. In the last quarter it reported $0.43 EPS, beating analyst estimates of $0.38.
The consensus EPS is $0.59 based on 14 analysts' estimates, up from $0.51 a year ago. Revenue estimates are $429.11M, up from $392.78M a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $34.00.
Average recommendation: Overweight
Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades
- On March 16, 2012, FBR Capital reiterated Outperform rating for the company.
- On March 5, 2012, Stifel Nicolaus initiated Buy rating for the company.
- On February 13, 2012, UBS reiterated Buy rating for the company.
- On April 17, 2012, Actuant Corp announced the closing of its private placement of $300 million aggregate principal amount of 5.625% senior notes due 2022 at an issue price of 100%.
- On April 17, 2012, Levi & Korsinsky, LLP announced that it is investigating Actuant Corp and its Board of Directors, in connection with the compensation provided to certain executive officers.
- On April 3, 2012, Actuant Corp announced the upsizing and pricing of its private placement of $300 million aggregate principal amount of 5.625% senior notes due 2022 at an issue price of 100%.
- On April 2, 2012, Actuant Corp announced that it intends to offer $250 million in aggregate principal amount of senior notes due in 2022 in a private placement, subject to market and other conditions.
- On March 29, 2012, Actuant Corp announced that it has acquired Turotest, a designer and manufacturer of instrument panels, gauges and senders serving the Brazilian agriculture and industrial markets.
- On March 21, 2012, Actuant Corp raised fiscal 2012 earnings per share (EPS) guidance to a range $1.98-$2.08 range, up from previous guidance of $1.85-$2.05. The Company expects fiscal 2012 sales guidance to a range $1.600-$1.625 billion.
- On February 10, 2012, Actuant Corp announced that it has acquired Jeyco Pty Ltd. Headquartered near Perth, Australia, Jeyco designs and provides specialized mooring, rigging and towing systems and services to the offshore oil and gas industry in Australia and other international markets.
- On December 21, 2011, Actuant Corp announced that the Company is raising its fiscal 2012 EPS guidance and now expects fiscal 2012 EPS to be in the $1.85-2.05 range, a $0.05 per share increase from the Company's prior expectations.
Actuant Corporation operates in Diversified Machinery industry. The company could be compared to Eaton Corporation (NYSE:ETN), Kennametal Inc. (NYSE:KMT), The Manitowoc Company, Inc. (NYSE:MTW), and Parker Hannifin Corporation (NYSE:PH). Below is the table comparison of the most important ratios between these companies and the industry.
Below is the chart comparison with the stock price changes as a percentage for the selected companies and S&P 500 index for the last one year period.
Competitors' Latest Development
- On May 21, 2012, Eaton Corporation and Cooper Industries plc announced they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Eaton will acquire Cooper in a transaction.
- On May 3, 2012, Manitowoc Co. reaffirmed its fiscal 2011 guidance. According to I/B/E/S Estimates, analysts are expecting the Company to report EPS of $0.85 on revenues of $4.092 billion for fiscal 2012.
- On April 26, 2012, Kennametal Inc announced that its Board of Directors declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.14 per share. The dividend is payable May 23, 2012 to shareowners of record as of the close of business on May 8, 2012.
- On April 26, 2012, Kennametal Inc. updated fiscal 2012 guidance and expects organic sales growth of 11% compared to previous range of 10% to 12%. The Company increased the total sales growth guidance to a range of 16% to 17% from previous range of 10% to 12% due to the acquisition of Stellite.
- On April 25, 2012, Eaton Corporation announced that the Board of Directors declared a quarterly dividend of $0.38 per common share payable on May 25, 2012, to shareholders of record at the close of business on May 7, 2012.
- On April 23, 2012, Eaton Corporation announced that for second quarter of 2012, it expects operating earnings per share which exclude charges to integrate recent acquisitions, to be between $1.05 and $1.15, and net income per share to be between $1.04 and $1.14.
- On April 20, 2012, Eaton Corporation announced it has agreed to acquire substantially all of the shares of Jeil Hydraulics Co., Ltd. Headquartered in South Korea, Jeil Hydraulics is a manufacturer of track drive motors, swing drive motors, main control valves and remote control valves for the construction equipment market.
- On March 1, 2012, Kennametal Inc. announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of Deloro Stellite Group from private equity firm Duke Street. Deloro Stellite is a global manufacturer and provider of alloy-based critical wear solutions for extreme environments involving high temperature, corrosion and abrasion.
- On February 24, 2012, Eaton Corporation announced that as a result of the planned acquisition, the Company is increasing its guidance for fiscal 2012 earnings per share by $0.03 to between $4.13 and $4.53.
- On February 1, 2012, Parker Hannifin Corporation announced that it has acquired the railroad filtration business of the Camfil Farr Group. The railroad filtration business of the Camfil Farr Group is a manufacturer of air and liquid filtration products used in rail and transit, mining and marine engine applications.
- On January 26, 2012, Parker Hannifin Corporation announced that its Board of Directors increased the Company's regular quarterly cash dividend to $0.39 per share of common stock and declared a dividend payable March 2, 2012 to shareholders of record as of February 10, 2012.
- On January 26, 2012, Eaton Corporation announced that for first quarter of 2012, it expects earnings per share , which exclude an estimated $0.01 of charges to integrate recent acquisitions, to be between $0.80 and $0.90 per share.
- On January 26, 2012, Kennametal Inc. announced that for fiscal 2012, it expects organic sales growth guidance range of 10%-12% and increased total sales growth guidance to a range of 10%-12% from its previous estimate of 9%-11%.
Sources: Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Marketwatch, Finviz, Reuters.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.