Pluristem Therapeutics Inc. (PSTI), a bio-therapeutic company, engages in the research, development, and commercialization of standardized cell therapy products for the treatment of life threatening diseases. The company's products are derived from human placenta, a non-controversial, non-embryonic, adult cell source.
It is scheduled to report its results on June 21, 2012.
- Market Cap: 108.46M
- 52-week trading range: 1.98 - 3.66
- Price/Sales: 176.36
- Price/Book: 2.84
- Annual dividend yield: N/A
- Return on Equity: -34.39%
- Return on Assets: -19.59%
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has failed to meet analysts' estimates in the last quarters. In the last quarter it reported ($0.09) loss per share, failing to meet analyst estimates of ($0.08) loss.
The consensus EPS is ($0.08) loss based on 2 analysts' estimates, up from ($0.09) loss a year ago. Revenue estimates are $220.00K. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $5.00.
Average recommendation: Overweight
Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades
- On May 21, 2012, Needham initiated Buy rating for the company.
- On April 17, 2012, Pluristem Therapeutics Inc announced that the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted the Company clearance to start a Phase II clinical trial using the Company's PLX-PAD cell product candidate for the treatment of Intermittent Claudication (IC), a subset of peripheral artery disease (PAD).
- On January 18, 2012, Pluristem Therapeutics Inc. announced that its fully owned subsidiary, Pluristem Ltd., has received approval for a NIS 9 million (approximately $2.4 million) grant from the Office of the Chief Scientist (OCS) within the Israeli Ministry of Industry, Trade and Labor.
Pluristem Therapeutics, Inc. operates in Biotechnology industry. The company could be compared to Advanced Cell Technology Inc. (OTCQB:ACTC), CEL-SCI Corp. (CVM), Keryx Biopharmaceuticals Inc. (KERX), and Zalicus Inc. (ZLCS). Below is the table comparison of the most important ratios between these companies and the industry.
Below is the chart comparison with the stock price changes as a percentage for the selected companies and S&P 500 index for the last one year period.
Competitors' Latest Development
- On May 2, 2012, Zalicus Inc. announced that it is advancing Z160, N-type calcium channel blocker into multiple Phase 2a clinical trials for chronic pain indications. Zalicus has selected formulation for clinical use and is planning to initiate two Phase 2a clinical trials with Z160 for the treatment of neuropathic pain; the first of which is expected to begin enrolling patients in the third quarter of 2012.
- On April 23, 2012, Keryx Biopharmaceuticals announced that its Japanese partner, Japan Tobacco Inc. (JT) and Torii Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Torii), has announced positive top-line results from a Phase Three study of ferric citrate in Japan for the treatment of hyperphosphatemia in end-stage renal disease patients on hemodialysis.
- On April 5, 2012, Zalicus Inc. announced the publication of new preclinical data in Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, a Journal published by the American Association for Cancer Research.
- On April 2, 2012, Keryx Biopharmaceuticals announced that the Phase 3 X-PECT (Xeloda + Perifosine Evaluation in Colorectal cancer Treatment) clinical trial evaluating perifosine (KRX-0401) + capecitabine (Xeloda) in patients with refractory advanced colorectal cancer did not meet the primary endpoint of improving overall survival versus capecitabine + placebo.
- On March 7, 2012, Zalicus Inc. announced that it expect revenue for fiscal 2012 to be higher than that recorded in fiscal 2011, due to higher expected royalties on Covidien's net sales of Exalgo.
- On March 5, 2012, Zalicus Inc. announced the completion of a Phase 1 clinical trial evaluating the pharmacokinetics and safety of a new formulation of Z160, a oral N-type calcium channel blocker.
- On February 9, 2012, Zalicus Inc. and Hydra Biosciences, Incannounced that they have entered into a collaboration to advance development of Zalicus' preclinical ion channel modulator product candidates for the treatment of pain.
- On January 26, 2012, CEL-SCI Corporation announced that it has entered into definitive agreements to sell 16,000,000 shares of its common stock at a price per share of $0.36 pursuant to a registered direct offering to an institutional investor, representing gross proceeds of approximately $5.76 million.
- On December 27, 2011, CEL-SCI Corporation announced that it is in the process of expanding its Phase III clinical trial of the investigational therapy Multikine (Leukocyte Interleukin, Injection) to four additional European countries - Spain, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Croatia.
Sources: Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Marketwatch, Finviz, Reuters.