Lindsay Corporation (LNN) designs, manufactures, and sells irrigation systems that are primarily used in the agricultural industry to increase or stabilize crop production while conserving water, energy, and labor in the United States and internationally. It also manufactures and markets various infrastructure products.
It is scheduled to report its Q3 2012 results on June 27, 2012, before the market opens.
- Market Cap: 723.71M
- 52-week trading range: 46.03 - 73.03
- Trailing P/E: 19.65
- Forward P/E: 15.10
- Price/Sales: 1.39
- Price/Book: 2.51
- PEG Ratio: 0.67
- Total Debt: 6.65M
- Annual dividend yield: 0.60%
- Return on Equity: 13.75%
- Return on Assets: 9.66%
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has met or beaten analysts' estimates in the last two quarters. In the last quarter it reported $1.00 EPS, beating analyst estimates of $0.83.
The consensus EPS is $1.37 based on 8 analysts' estimates, up from $1.20 a year ago. Revenue estimates are $167.25M, up from $153.45M a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $68.00.
Average recommendation: Hold
Lindsay Corporation operates in Farm & Construction Machinery industry. The company could be compared to AGCO Corporation (AGCO), Deere & Company (DE), Titan International Inc. (TWI), and Valmont Industries, Inc. (VMI). Below is the table comparison of the most important ratios between these companies and the industry.
Below is the chart comparison with the stock price changes as a percentage for the selected companies and S&P 500 index for the last one year period.
Competitors' Latest Development
- On April 20, 2012, Valmont Industries, Inc. announced that for fiscal 2012, it expects earnings per share (EPS) to exceed $8.00 per diluted share. According to I/B/E/S Estimates, analysts were expecting the Company to report EPS of $7.53 for fiscal 2012.
- On March 15, 2012, Titan International, Inc announced that the Board of Directors has approved a quarterly cash dividend of $0.005 per common share for the first quarter of 2012.
- On February 15, 2012, Deere & Company announced that for fiscal 2012, net income attributable to the Company is anticipated to be approximately $3.275 billion. According to I/B/E/S Estimates, analysts on an average were expecting the Company to report net income of $3.172 billion for fiscal 2012.
- On February 15, 2012, Valmont Industries, Inc. announced that for fiscal 2012, the Company currently expects revenue growth around 10% and earnings per share to be in the range of $7.30-$7.60 per diluted share.
- On February 7, 2012, AGCO Corporation announced that for fiscal 2012, it expects net sales over $10 billion and earnings of approximately $5.00 per share . According to I/B/E/S Estimates, analysts on an average were expecting the Company to report EPS of $4.99 on revenues of $9.8 billion for fiscal 2012.
Sources: Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Marketwatch, Finviz, Reuters.