Flow International Corporation (FLOW), together with its subsidiaries, operates as a technology-based company providing waterjet cutting, surface preparation, and cleaning solutions in the United States, Europe, Asia, and internationally. The company's products include ultrahigh-pressure water pumps and power waterjet systems used to cut and clean materials.
It is scheduled to report its Q4 2012 results on June 27, 2012, after the bell.
- Market Cap: 135.92M
- 52-week trading range: 1.90 - 4.49
- Trailing P/E: 18.81
- Forward P/E: 10.92
- Price/Sales: 0.54
- Price/Book: 1.57
- PEG Ratio: 0.60
- Total Debt: 9.39M
- Annual dividend yield: N/A
- Return on Equity: 8.62%
- Return on Assets: 5.41%
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has met or beaten analysts' estimates in the last two quarters. In the last quarter it reported $0.07 EPS, beating analyst estimates of $0.05.
The consensus EPS is $0.04 based on 3 analysts' estimates, up from $0.01 a year ago. Revenue estimates are $62.63M, up from $59.54M a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $6.00.
Average recommendation: Buy
Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades
- On March 22, 2012, Dougherty & Company initiated Buy rating for the company.
Flow International Corp. operates in Diversified Machinery industry. The company could be compared to Hardinge Inc. (HDNG), Kadant Inc. (KAI), Kennametal Inc. (KMT), and Xerium Technologies Inc. (XRM). Below is the table comparison of the most important ratios between these companies and the industry.
Below is the chart comparison with the stock price changes as a percentage for the selected companies and S&P 500 index for the last one year period.
Competitors' Latest Development
- On May 9, 2012, Hardinge Inc. announced that it do not expect significant year-over-year sales growth for fiscal 2012.
- On April 26, 2012, Kennametal Inc announced that its Board of Directors declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.14 per share. The dividend is payable May 23, 2012 to shareowners of record as of the close of business on May 8, 2012.
- On April 26, 2012, Kennametal Inc. updated fiscal 2012 guidance and expects organic sales growth of 11% compared to previous range of 10% to 12%. The Company increased the total sales growth guidance to a range of 16% to 17% from previous range of 10% to 12% due to the acquisition of Stellite.
- On March 1, 2012, Kennametal Inc. announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of Deloro Stellite Group from private equity firm Duke Street. Deloro Stellite is a global manufacturer and provider of alloy-based critical wear solutions for extreme environments involving high temperature, corrosion and abrasion.
- On February 22, 2012, Kadant Inc announced that it expect to achieve GAAP diluted EPS from continuing operations of $1.95 to $2.05 in fiscal 2012 on revenues of $330 to $340 million.
- On February 16, 2012, Hardinge Inc. announced that it expects fiscal 2012 overall to be year of growth.
- On February 14, 2012, Hardinge Inc. announced that its Board of Directors approved payment of a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.02 per common share. The dividend is payable March 9, 2012, to stockholders of record at the close of business on March 2, 2012.
- On January 26, 2012, Kennametal Inc. announced that for fiscal 2012, it expects organic sales growth guidance range of 10%-12% and increased total sales growth guidance to a range of 10%-12% from its previous estimate of 9%-11%.
- On January 17, 2012, Kennametal Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to purchase the Deloro Stellite Group from Duke Street Capital for approximately EUR 277 million.
Sources: Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Marketwatch, Finviz, Reuters.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.