Flow International Corporation (NASDAQ:FLOW-OLD), together with its subsidiaries, operates as a technology-based company providing waterjet cutting, surface preparation, and cleaning solutions in the United States, Europe, Asia, and internationally. The company's products include ultrahigh-pressure water pumps and power waterjet systems used to cut and clean materials.
It is scheduled to report its Q4 2012 results on June 27, 2012, after the bell.
- Market Cap: 135.92M
- 52-week trading range: 1.90 - 4.49
- Trailing P/E: 18.81
- Forward P/E: 10.92
- Price/Sales: 0.54
- Price/Book: 1.57
- PEG Ratio: 0.60
- Total Debt: 9.39M
- Annual dividend yield: N/A
- Return on Equity: 8.62%
- Return on Assets: 5.41%
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has met or beaten analysts' estimates in the last two quarters. In the last quarter it reported $0.07 EPS, beating analyst estimates of $0.05.
The consensus EPS is $0.04 based on 3 analysts' estimates, up from $0.01 a year ago. Revenue estimates are $62.63M, up from $59.54M a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $6.00.
Average recommendation: Buy
Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades
- On March 22, 2012, Dougherty & Company initiated Buy rating for the company.
Flow International Corp. operates in Diversified Machinery industry. The company could be compared to Hardinge Inc. (NASDAQ:HDNG), Kadant Inc. (NYSE:KAI), Kennametal Inc. (NYSE:KMT), and Xerium Technologies Inc. (NYSE:XRM). Below is the table comparison of the most important ratios between these companies and the industry.
Below is the chart comparison with the stock price changes as a percentage for the selected companies and S&P 500 index for the last one year period.
Competitors' Latest Development
- On May 9, 2012, Hardinge Inc. announced that it do not expect significant year-over-year sales growth for fiscal 2012.
- On April 26, 2012, Kennametal Inc announced that its Board of Directors declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.14 per share. The dividend is payable May 23, 2012 to shareowners of record as of the close of business on May 8, 2012.
- On April 26, 2012, Kennametal Inc. updated fiscal 2012 guidance and expects organic sales growth of 11% compared to previous range of 10% to 12%. The Company increased the total sales growth guidance to a range of 16% to 17% from previous range of 10% to 12% due to the acquisition of Stellite.
- On March 1, 2012, Kennametal Inc. announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of Deloro Stellite Group from private equity firm Duke Street. Deloro Stellite is a global manufacturer and provider of alloy-based critical wear solutions for extreme environments involving high temperature, corrosion and abrasion.
- On February 22, 2012, Kadant Inc announced that it expect to achieve GAAP diluted EPS from continuing operations of $1.95 to $2.05 in fiscal 2012 on revenues of $330 to $340 million.
- On February 16, 2012, Hardinge Inc. announced that it expects fiscal 2012 overall to be year of growth.
- On February 14, 2012, Hardinge Inc. announced that its Board of Directors approved payment of a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.02 per common share. The dividend is payable March 9, 2012, to stockholders of record at the close of business on March 2, 2012.
- On January 26, 2012, Kennametal Inc. announced that for fiscal 2012, it expects organic sales growth guidance range of 10%-12% and increased total sales growth guidance to a range of 10%-12% from its previous estimate of 9%-11%.
- On January 17, 2012, Kennametal Inc. announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to purchase the Deloro Stellite Group from Duke Street Capital for approximately EUR 277 million.
Sources: Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Marketwatch, Finviz, Reuters.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.