Lennar Corporation (LEN), together with its subsidiaries, engages in homebuilding, financial services, and real estate businesses in the United States. Its homebuilding operations include the construction and sale of single-family attached and detached homes; and the purchase, development, and sale of residential land.
It is scheduled to report its Q2 2012 results on June 27, 2012, before the market opens.Technical Overview
- Market Cap: 5.11B
- 52-week trading range: 12.14 - 30.12
- Trailing P/E: 64.20
- Forward P/E: 19.59
- Price/Sales: 1.57
- Price/Book: 1.88
- PEG Ratio: 1.07
- Total Debt: 4.33B
- Annual dividend yield: 0.60%
- Return on Equity: 2.50%
- Return on Assets: 1.15%
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has met or beaten analysts' estimates in the last quarters. In the last quarter it reported $0.08 EPS, beating analyst estimates of $0.04.
The consensus EPS is $0.17 based on 24 analysts' estimates, up from $0.07 a year ago. Revenue estimates are $882.72M, up from $764.49M a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $29.00.
Average recommendation: Overweight
Source: MarketwatchAnalyst Upgrades and Downgrades
- On April 18, 2012, Compass Point reiterated Neutral rating for the company.
- On March 28, 2012, MKM Partners reiterated Neutral rating for the company.
- On March 28, 2012, FBR Capital reiterated Outperform rating for the company.
- On March 28, 2012, Barclays reiterated Overweight rating for the company.
- On January 18, 2012, the company was downgraded from Buy to Neutral at UBS.
- On January 12, 2012, RBC Capital Mkts reiterated Outperform rating for the company.
- On May 3, 2012, Lennar Corporation, one of the nation's largest homebuilders, announced that the Company has entered into a 3-year unsecured revolving credit facility that provides the Company with $410 million of financing and expires in May 2015.
- On April 11, 2012, Lennar Corporation, one of the nation's largest homebuilders, announced that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.04 per share for both Class A and Class B common stock payable on May 9, 2012 to holders of record at the close of business on April 25, 2012.
- On March 27, 2012, Lennar reports first quarter EPS of $0.08.
Lennar Corp. operates in Residential Construction industry. The company could be compared to DR Horton Inc. (DHI), PulteGroup, Inc. (PHM), Standard Pacific Corp. (SPF), and Toll Brothers Inc. (TOL). Below is the table comparison of the most important ratios between these companies and the industry.
Below is the chart comparison with the stock price changes as a percentage for the selected companies and S&P 500 index for the last one year period.
- On June 19, 2012, Toll Brothers, Inc. and Shea Baker Ranch LLC, a member of the Shea family of companies (Shea), announced a partnership to develop Baker Ranch, a master-planned community approved for over 2,000 new homes in Lake Forest, CA, one of south Orange County's desirable markets.
- On April 25, 2012, D.R. Horton, Inc. announced that it intends to offer and sell, subject to market and other conditions, approximately $300 million in aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured notes in an offering registered under the Company's currently effective shelf registration statement.
- On April 25, 2012, D.R. Horton, Inc. announced that it has priced a registered underwritten public offering of $350 million aggregate principal amount of 4.750% senior notes due 2017.
- On January 5, 2012, Gibraltar Capital and Asset Management, LLC (Gibraltar) (gibraltarcapital.net), a wholly owned subsidiary of Toll Brothers, Inc. announced the closing of another private transaction with a large financial institution.
- On December 29, 2011, PulteGroup, Inc. announced that it has completed the sale of land approved for approximately 1,500 residences in Broomfield, Colorado to Wheelock Street Capital LLC, a private real estate investment firm.
Sources: Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Marketwatch, Finviz, Reuters.