TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ:TIBX) provides middleware and infrastructure software worldwide. It offers products in the areas of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and core infrastructure; business optimization; and process automation and collaboration. Its SOA and core infrastructure product line helps organizations integrate their disparate systems and move towards flexible infrastructure comprising services or discrete data components that can be assembled, orchestrated, and reused; and enables the creation, management, and virtualization of heterogeneous services.
It is scheduled to report its Q2 2012 results on June 28, 2012, after the bell.
- Market Cap: 4.47B
- 52-week trading range: 18.43 - 34.67
- Trailing P/E: 39.82
- Forward P/E: 19.65
- Price/Sales: 4.56
- Price/Book: 5.25
- PEG Ratio: 1.40
- Total Debt: 137.52M
- Annual dividend yield: N/A
- Return on Equity: 13.88%
- Return on Assets: 8.22%
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has met or beaten analysts' estimates in the last four quarters. In the last quarter it reported $0.20 EPS, beating analyst estimates of $0.19.
The consensus EPS is $0.23 based on 18 analysts' estimates, up from $0.21 a year ago. Revenue estimates are $244.71M, up from $216.42M a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $36.00.
Average recommendation: Overweight
Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades
- On May 4, 2012, Stifel Nicolaus initiated Buy rating for the company.
- On March 30, 2012, JMP Securities reiterated Mkt Outperform rating for the company.
- On March 30, 2012, Barclays reiterated Equal Weight rating for the company.
- On March 29, 2012, Mizuho reiterated Buy rating for the company.
- On January 8, 2012, Hilliard Lyons initiated Neutral rating for the company.
- On December 22, 2011, the company was upgraded from Neutral to Buy at Mizuho.
- On December 22, 2011, BMO Capital Markets reiterated Outperform rating for the company.
- On May 7, 2012, TIBCO Software Inc. announced TIBCO Spotfire (R) 4.5, the latest version of its analytics platform that builds upon its groundbreaking visualization-based data discovery and collaboration capabilities to now encompass all types of extreme information, including big data.
- On May 1, 2012, TIBCO Software, Inc. announced that PT XL AxiataTbk (XL), Indonesia's mobile carrier, has chosen TIBCO software to power its new mobile payment solution, expanding its revenue opportunities and bridging economic barriers for the country's unbanked population.
- On April 18, 2012, TIBCO Software, Inc. announced the pricing of an offering of $525 million aggregate principal amount of its 2.25% convertible senior notes due 2032 (the Notes).
- On April 16, 2012, TIBCO Software, Inc. announced that it intends to offer, subject to market and other considerations, approximately $500 million aggregate principal amount of convertible senior notes due 2032 through an offering to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended.
- On April 12, 2012, TIBCO Software, Inc announced that it has completed the acquisition of LogLogic, Inc., a privately held company based in San Jose, California, provides scalable log and security management platforms specifically designed for the enterprise and cloud.
- On April 4, 2012, TIBCO Software, Inc. announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire LogLogic Inc., a privately held company based in San Jose, California that offers one of the industry's scalable log and security management platforms specifically designed for the enterprise and cloud.
- On March 29, 2012, TIBCO Software, Inc. announced that its Board of Directors has authorized a new share repurchase program pursuant to which the company may repurchase up to $300 million of its outstanding common stock.
TIBCO Software Inc. operates in Business Software & Services industry. The company could be compared to BMC Software Inc. (NASDAQ:BMC), Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ:INFA), Oracle Corporation (NYSE:ORCL), and Riverbed Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:RVBD). Below is the table comparison of the most important ratios between these companies and the industry.
Below is the chart comparison with the stock price changes as a percentage for the selected companies and S&P 500 index for the last one year period.
Competitors' Latest Development
- On June 19, 2012, Oracle Corporation announced that for the first quarter of 2013, it expects total revenue growth on a GAAP and non-GAAP basis to range from 3% to 6% in constant currency and negative 2% to positive 1% in current rates.
- On June 12, 2012, BMC Software, Inc. announced that for fiscal 2012 uit expects Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share to increase to $3.49 to $3.59 and revenue growth in the mid to high single digits.
- On June 5, 2012, Oracle Corporation announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Collective Intellect. Collective Intellect's cloud-based social intelligence solutions enable organizations to monitor, understand and respond to consumers' conversations on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- On June 4, 2012, Reuters reported according to a lawyer for Hewlett Packard Co said in court that Oracle Corp violated a clear contract with Hewlett Packard Co when it decided it would no longer make new versions of its database software compatible with HP's Itanium-based servers.
- On May 23, 2012, Oracle Corporation announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Vitrue, a cloud-based social marketing and engagement platform that enables marketers to centrally create, publish, moderate, manage, measure and report on their social marketing campaigns and activities on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google+.
- On May 23, 2012, Reuters reported that Google Inc.'s Android mobile platform has not infringed Oracle Corporation's patents, a California jury decided, putting an indefinite hold on Oracle's quest for damages in a legal fight between the two companies over Smartphone technology.
- On May 21, 2012, Riverbed Technology Inc announced that its board of directors approved a $150 million increase to the share repurchase program announced August 19, 2011.
- On May 14, 2012, BMC Software, Inc. announced that Elliott Associates, L.P. and Elliott International, L.P. (collectively, Elliott) notified the Company that it had acquired beneficial ownership of more than 5% of BMC's common stock and would soon be filing a Schedule 13D with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- On May 9, 2012, BMC Software, Inc. announced that for fiscal 2012, it expects non-GAAP diluted earnings per share (EPS) in the range of $3.49 to $3.59 and revenue growth in the mid to high single digits.
- On May 8, 2012, Reuters reported that Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG) infringed some of Oracle Corp's copyrights on the Java programming language, a U.S. jury found on Monday after days of deliberation.
- On May 3, 2012, Reuters reported that an Oracle Corporation attorney ruled out a settlement with Hewlett-Packard Co (NYSE:HP) in a bitter lawsuit over the Itanium microprocessor, a day after the judge refused to resolve the case for either side before trial.
- On April 30, 2012, Charming Shoppes announced that it has selected Oracle Retail Merchandising and Stores to establish a cross-channel platform serving its brands.
- On April 23, 2012, Carolina Biological Supply Company announced that it has selected Oracle Corporation's Oracle ATG Web Commerce to help improve its customers' online experience and increase sales.
- On March 5, 2012, MapR Technologies, Inc. and Informatica Corporation announced joint support for MapR's distribution for Hadoop with the Informatica Platform. In addition, Informatica HParser Community Edition which is available for free, will be available for download as part of the MapR distribution from the MapR website.
- On February 21, 2012, BMC Software, Inc. announced that ME Bank, a genuinely fairer banking alternative for members of industry super funds and unions, achieved multiple processing improvements and enhanced customer service with the BMC Control-M Workload Automation solution.
- On February 14, 2012, Informatica Corporation announced that UMass Memorial Health Care, the healthcare system in Central and Western Massachusetts, is using the Informatica Platform to power a unified view of its millions of patients, tens of thousands of providers and millions of encounters across its academic medical center - four hospitals and more than 60 outpatient clinics.
- On January 31, 2012, BMC Software, Inc. and VCE announced a strategic alliance that will combine the solutions of both companies to address the growing market demand for converged infrastructures in cloud computing projects.
- On January 30, 2012, BMC Software, Inc. announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Numara Software, a global provider of integrated IT management solutions for the mid-market.
- On January 17, 2012, BMC Software, Inc. announced the acquisition of I/O Concepts with its ioEnterprise line of mainframe console security, automation and consolidation solutions.
Sources: Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Marketwatch, Finviz, Reuters.