UniFirst Corporation (NYSE:UNF), together with its subsidiaries, provides workplace uniforms and protective work wear clothing in the United States, Canada, and Europe. The company designs, manufactures, personalizes, rents, cleans, delivers, and sells a range of uniforms and protective clothing, including shirts, pants, jackets, coveralls, lab coats, smocks, and aprons; and specialized protective wear, such as flame resistant and high visibility garments.
It is scheduled to report its Q3 2012 results on June 27, 2012, before the market opens.
- Market Cap: 1.17B
- 52-week trading range: 42.84 - 62.98
- Trailing P/E: 14.07
- Forward P/E: 12.84
- Price/Sales: 0.97
- Price/Book: 1.38
- PEG Ratio: 1.21
- Total Debt: 104.73M
- Annual dividend yield: 0.30%
- Return on Equity: 10.16%
- Return on Assets: 6.94%
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has met or beaten analysts' estimates in the last four quarters. In the last quarter it reported $0.96 EPS, beating analyst estimates of $0.89.
The consensus EPS is $0.99 based on 7 analysts' estimates, up from $0.93 a year ago. Revenue estimates are $311.61M, up from $291.57M a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $68.00.
Average recommendation: Hold
- On April 4, 2012, The Board of Directors of UniFirst Corporation declared regular quarterly cash dividends of $0.0375 per share (3.75 cents) on the Company's Common Stock and $0.03 per share (3.0 cents) on the Company's Class B Common Stock. Both dividends are payable on July 2, 2012, to shareholders of record on June 11, 2012.
- On January 4, 2012, UniFirst Corporation announced that for fiscal 2012, it has raised revenues to a range of $1.220 billion and $1.235 billion and income per diluted common share to be between $3.85 and $4.05.
UniFirst Corp. operates in Textile - Apparel Clothing industry. The company could be compared to Cintas Corporation (NASDAQ:CTAS), G&K Services Inc. (GKSR), and Healthcare Services Group Inc. (NASDAQ:HCSG). Below is the table comparison of the most important ratios between these companies and the industry.
Below is the chart comparison with the stock price changes as a percentage for the selected companies and S&P 500 index for the last one year period.
Competitors' Latest Development
- On May 1, 2012, G&K Services, Inc. announced that it is raising the lower-end of its fiscal 2012 revenue guidance to a range of $860 to $870 million, from the previously announced range of $855 to $870 million.
- On April 10, 2012, Healthcare Services Group announced that Board of Directors declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.1625 per common share, payable on May 18, 2012 to shareholders of record at the close of business on April 27, 2012.
- On April 4, 2012, G&K Services, Inc. announced that its Board of Directors declared a special cash dividend of $6.00 per share, payable on April 27, 2012 to shareholders of record at the close of business on April 13, 2012.
- On April 4, 2012, Healthcare Services Group reported in its Form 8-K that Wahl, has been appointed to serve as President & Chief Operating Officer, effective April 1, 2012.
- On February 22, 2012, G&K Services, Inc. announced that its Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Douglas A. Milroy, will be taking a planned temporary medical leave, starting February 29, 2012 to treat an aortic aneurism.
- On January 31, 2012, G&K Services, Inc. announced that based on first half performance and increased confidence in its outlook, the Company is raising the lower-end of its fiscal 2012 revenue guidance to a range of $855 to $870 million, from the previously announced range of $850 to $870 million.
- On January 24, 2012, Healthcare Services Group announced that it has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.16125 per common share, payable on March 16, 2012 to shareholders of record at the close of business February 24, 2012.
- On January 19, 2012, Cintas Corporation announced an agreement with Avendra, the hospitality industry's procurement services company, as the preferred supplier of full-service fire protection and life safety services.
Sources: Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Marketwatch, Finviz, Reuters.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.