We did a very simple screen today and found only six equity ETFs working well at this time, and only from three categories: preferreds, biotech, and dividends.
- PFF (pfd stocks) 6.02% yield
- PGX (pfd stocks) 6.57% yield
- PGF (pfd stocks) 6.93% yield
- IBB (biotech stocks) 0.03% yield
- XBI (biotech stocks) 0.00% yield
- FDL (dividend stocks) 3.46% yield
Here is the screen using StockCharts.com:
- StockCharts technical rating >90 on scale of 100
- price > 21-day average
- 21-day average > 63-day average
- 63-day average > 126-day average
- 126-day average > 252-day average
- 252-day slope > 0
- yesterday dollar volume per minute > $10,000
- type = equity
Here are the weekly one-year charts expressed in percentage terms with the Russell 1000 ETF (NYSEARCA:IWB) as a control:
Disclosure: QVM has positions in PFF as of the creation date of this article (June 27, 2012).
Disclaimer: StopAlert.com is a service of QVM Group LLC, a registered investment advisor. This article provides opinions and information, but does not contain recommendations or personal investment advice to any specific person for any particular purpose. Do your own research or obtain suitable personal advice. You are responsible for your own investment decisions. This article is presented subject to our full disclaimer found on the QVM site available here.