WD-40 Company (WDFC) engages in the production and sale of consumer products. The company offers a multi-purpose maintenance product under the brand name of WD-40, which acts as a lubricant, rust preventative, penetrant, cleaner, and moisture displacer; multi-purpose drip oil and spray lubricant products, and other specialty maintenance products under the 3-IN-ONE brand name that are used in locksmithing, HVAC, marine, farming, construction, and jewelry manufacturing applications; and a line of industrial grade, specialty maintenance products that include lubricants, penetrants, degreasers, and cleaners under the brand name of Blue Works, which are designed for the needs of industrial users.
It is scheduled to report its Q3 2012 results on July 9, 2012, after the bell.
The stock has a market capitalization of $792.98M and is currently trading at $49.81 with a 52 week range of $35.37 - $50.00. The stock performance year to date: 24.96%. It is currently trading above 20, 50 and 200 SMA.
- Trailing P/E: 23.17
- Forward P/E: 19.53
- Price/Sales: 2.28
- Price/Book: 4.24
- PEG Ratio: 2.32
- Total Debt: 40.00M
- Annual dividend yield: 2.30%
- Return on Equity: 17.86%
- Return on Assets: 11.02%
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has met or beaten analysts' estimates in the last quarters. In the last quarter it reported $0.65 EPS, beating analyst estimates of $0.54.
The consensus EPS is $0.61 based on 4 analysts' estimates, up from $0.47 a year ago. Revenue estimates are $91.84M, up from $85.54M a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $43.00.
Average recommendation: Hold
- On June 19, 2012, WD-40 Company announced that its board of directors declared on June 19, 2012 the regular quarterly dividend of $.29 per share, payable July 31, 2012 to stockholders of record on July 16, 2012.
- On April 5, 2012, WD-40 Company announced that it has reaffirmed fiscal 2012 guidance, and expects net sales of $353.0-$370.0 million, net income of $37.2-$39.2 million and diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $2.33-$2.45 based on an estimated 16.0 million weighted average shares outstanding.
- On March 20, 2012, WD-40 Company announced that its board of directors declared on March 20, 2012 the regular quarterly dividend of $.29 per share, payable April 30, 2012 to stockholders of record on April 13, 2012.
- On January 9, 2012, WD-40 Company announced that for fiscal 2012, it expects net sales of $353.0-$370.0 million, net income of $37.2-$39.2 million and diluted earnings per share of $2.28-$2.40 based on an estimated 16.3 million weighted average shares outstanding.
WD-40 Company operates in Specialty Chemicals industry. The company could be compared to Church & Dwight Co. Inc. (CHD), The Clorox Company (CLX), and Quaker Chemical Corporation (KWR). Below is the table comparison of the most important ratios between these companies and the industry.
Below is the chart comparison with the stock price changes as a percentage for the selected companies and S&P 500 index for the last one year period.
Competitors' Latest Development
- On June 27, 2012, Quaker Chemical Corporation announced that Mark A. Featherstone resigned from his position as Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of Quaker, effective June 27, 2012, in order to pursue other career opportunities.
- On May 15, 2012, The Clorox Company announced that its board of directors increased the quarterly cash dividend on the Company's common stock by 6.7% , from $0.6 to $0.64 per share.
- On May 4, 2012, Church & Dwight Co. announced that for fiscal 2012, it continue to expect earnings per share to be in the range of $2.41-$2.43 According to I/B/E/S Estimates, analysts are expecting the Company to report EPS of $2.41 for fiscal 2012.
- On May 2, 2012, The Clorox Co. announced that for fiscal 2013, it expects sales growth in the range of 2%-4% and Diluted EPS in the range of $4.20-$4.35. For fiscal 2012, it updated its sales guidance and expects sales growth of about 4%, versus the previous outlook of 2%-4% and diluted earnings per share in the range of $4.00-$4.10 for fiscal 2012.
- On March 8, 2012, Quaker Chemical Corporation announced that for fiscal 2012, it expects to have 2012 net income that exceeds fiscal 2011 net income of $40.9 million, which excludes the noncash gain related to Mexican acquisition.
- On February 7, 2012, Church & Dwight Co. announced that for fiscal 2012, it expects earnings per share in the range of $2.41-2.43. According to I/B/E/S Estimates, analysts are expecting the Company to report EPS of $2.41 for fiscal 2012.
- On February 3, 2012, The Clorox Co. updated its fiscal 2012 sales guidance and expects sales growth of 2%-4%and continues to anticipate diluted earnings per share in the range of $4.00-$4.10 for fiscal 2012.
- On January 4, 2012, Church & Dwight Co. announced that it is exploring strategic options for its Specialty Chemical business in Brazil. The business, which has annual revenues of approximately $40 million, markets sodium bicarbonate, dairy products and other chemicals in Brazil.
Sources: Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Marketwatch, Finviz, Reuters.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.