I screened with Finviz for companies that have higher than 10% dividend yield and checked if the companies had any insider buys during the last 3 months. Here are seven companies that I found:
1. BGC Partners (BGCP) is a leading global intermediary to the wholesale financial markets, specializing in the brokering of a broad range of financial products, including fixed income, rates, foreign exchange, equities, equity derivatives, credit derivatives, futures and structured product markets. BGC offers a full range of brokerage services, including price discovery, trade execution, straight through processing and clearing, settlement and access to electronic trading services through its eSpeed, BGC Trader and BGC Pro brands. Through its Newmark Grubb Knight Frank brand, the company offers commercial real estate tenants, owners, investors and developers a wide range of brokerage services, as well as property and facilities management.
- Albert Weis purchased 10,000 shares on June 28th and currently holds 226,794 shares of the company. Mr. Weis serves as a director of the company.
2. Compass Diversified Holdings (CODI) owns and manages a diverse family of established North American middle market businesses. Each of its eight current subsidiaries is a leader in their niche market. The company maintains controlling ownership interests in each of its subsidiaries in order to maximize its ability to impact long term cash flow generation and value. The company provides both debt and equity capital for its subsidiaries, contributing to their financial and operating flexibility. Compass Diversified Holdings utilizes the cash flows generated by its subsidiaries to invest in the long-term growth of the company and to make cash distributions to its owners.
- Elias Sabo purchased 25,000 shares on June 13th and currently holds 306,710 shares of the company. Mr. Sabo is an Assistant Secretary of Compass Group Diversified Holdings LLC, Sponsor of the Trust.
- James Bottiglieri purchased 2,500 shares on May 16th and currently holds 26,167 shares of the company. James Bottiglieri has served as a director of the company since December 2005, as well as its chief financial officer since its inception on November 18, 2005.
- Alan Offenberg purchased 8,000 shares on May 15th and currently holds 102,375 shares of the company. Alan B. Offenberg has served as a director of and the chief executive officer of the company since February 2011. Mr. Offenberg has also been a partner of the company's manager and its predecessor since 1998.
- Harold Edwards purchased 2,300 shares on May 15th and currently holds 43,292 shares of the company. Mr. Edwards is a Director of Compass Group Diversified Holdings LLC, Sponsor of the Trust.
3. Crexus Investment Corp. (CXS) acquires, manages and finances commercial mortgage loans and other commercial real estate debt, commercial mortgage-backed securities [CMBS] and other commercial real estate-related assets. The company has elected to be taxed as a REIT, and therefore pay out at least 90% of its earnings to its shareholders in order to avoid taxation at the corporate level. Crexus is externally managed by Fixed Income Discount Advisory Company [FIDAC], a wholly-owned subsidiary of Annaly Capital Management, Inc.
- Ronald Kazel purchased 2,225 shares on May 7th and currently holds 25,175 shares of the company. Ronald Kazel serves as a director of the company.
4. Invesco Mortgage Capital (IVR) is a real estate investment trust that acquires, finances and manages residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities and mortgage loans. The company's objective is to provide attractive risk-adjusted returns to its shareholders, primarily through dividends and secondarily through capital appreciation.
- Robson Kuster purchased 500 shares on May 18th and currently controls 14,048 shares of the company. Mr. Kuster is the company's Head of Research. He is also the Head of Structured Securities Research for Worldwide Fixed Income for the company's Manager.
- John Anzalone purchased 1,500 shares on May 17th and currently holds 23,107 shares of the company. Mr. Anzalone is Chief Investment Officer of the company. He is also a Senior Director and Head of Research & Trading, Mortgage-Backed Securities for the company's Manager and has over 20 years of fixed income investment experience.
- Richard King purchased 1,000 shares on May 16th and currently holds 37,545 shares of the company. Mr. King is the company's President and Chief Executive Officer. He is also the Head of Fixed Income Investments for the company's Manager.
5. The Gabelli Multimedia Trust (GGT) is a closed-end, non-diversified management investment company whose investment objective is long-term growth of capital. The Fund seeks opportunities for long-term growth presented in the global telecommunications, media, publishing and entertainment industries. The Fund will also invest in companies participating in emerging technological advances in interactive services and products. Income is a secondary objective of the Multimedia Trust.
- Mario Gabelli purchased 9,200 shares through GGCP Inc. during May 2012 and currently controls over half million shares of the company. Mario Gabelli is Chairman, Chief Executive Officer of GAMCO Investors.
6. Compressco Partners (GSJK) is a provider of wellhead compression-based production enhancement services to a broad base of natural gas and oil exploration and production companies operating throughout most of the onshore producing regions of the United States. Compressco Partners has significant operations in Mexico and Canada and a growing presence in certain countries in South America, Eastern Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. Compressco Partners is managed by Compressco Partners GP, which is an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of TETRA Technologies (TTI).
- Geoffrey Hertel purchased 6,560 shares on June 6th and currently holds 79,583 shares of the company. Geoffrey Hertel has served as Chairman of the Board of the company's general partner since October 31, 2008. Mr. Hertel also serves as a member of TETRA's Board of Directors (since 1984) and as a member of Compressco's Board of Directors (since October 2004). Prior to May 2009, Mr. Hertel served as TETRA's President (since May 2000) and Chief Executive Officer (since May 2001). Mr. Hertel remains employed by TETRA, assisting in strategic planning.
- William Sullivan purchased 4,900 shares on May 15th and currently holds 18,003 shares of the company. William Sullivan is an Independent Director of the company's general partner and has served as a Director of TETRA since August 2007.
7. LRR Energy (LRE) is a Delaware limited partnership formed in April 2011 by affiliates of Lime Rock Resources to operate, acquire, exploit and develop producing oil and natural gas properties in North America. LRR Energy's properties are located in the Permian Basin region in West Texas and southeast New Mexico, the Mid-Continent region in Oklahoma and East Texas and the Gulf Coast region in Texas.
- Eric Mullins purchased 18,200 shares on May 15th and currently holds 33,200 shares of the company. Eric Mullins was appointed Co-Chief Executive Officer and the Chairman of the board of directors of company's general partner in May 2011.
- John Bailey purchased 2,600 shares on May 14th and currently holds 3,600 shares of the company. John Bailey serves as a director of the company.
- Don Nguyen purchased 1,000 shares on May 9th and currently holds 1,600 shares of the company. Don Nguyen serves as a Chief Accounting Officer of the company.
- Jonathan Farber purchased 3,000 shares on May 9th and currently controls 5 million shares or 22% of the company. Jonathan Farber serves as a director of the company.
5/7 of these companies have bullish looking long-term charts. Compressco Partners and LRR Energy trade currently close to their respective 52 week lows which could present a buying opportunity.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.