I screened with Finviz for companies that have higher than 10% dividend yield and checked if the companies had any insider buys during the last 3 months. This article is an extension to my previous article written on July 9th. Here are the five additional companies that I found:
1. NorthStar Realty Finance Corp (NRF) is a finance real estate investment trust that originates, acquires and manages portfolios of commercial real estate debt, commercial real estate securities and net lease properties. In addition, NorthStar engages in asset management and other activities related to real estate and real estate finance.
- Preston Butcher purchased 20,000 shares on June 15th and currently controls 309,345 shares of the company. Mr. Butcher has been one of the company's directors since September 2004.
- Wesley Minami purchased 15,000 shares on May 8th and currently holds 91,542 shares of the company. Mr. Minami has been one of the company's directors since September 2004.
2. New York Mortgage (NYMT) is a real estate investment trust (REIT) that acquires and manages primarily real estate related assets. These include Agency and non-Agency mortgage-backed securities, high credit quality residential adjustable rate mortgage loans, commercial mortgage loans and other financial assets.
- Alan Hainey purchased 2,317 shares on April 4th and currently holds 19,040 shares of the company. Alan Hainey is an independent member of the company's Board of Directors.
3. Otelco (OTT) headquartered in Oneonta, Alabama, provides wireline telephone services in Alabama, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, Vermont and West Virginia. The company's services include local and long distance telephone, network access, transport, digital high-speed data lines and dial-up Internet access, cable television and other telephone related services. With more than 100,000 voice and data access lines which are collectively referred to as access line equivalents, Otelco is among the top 25 largest local exchange carriers in the United States based on number of access lines. Otelco operates ten incumbent telephone companies serving rural markets, or rural local exchange carriers. It also provides competitive retail and wholesale telephone services through several subsidiaries.
- Howard Haug purchased 1,763 shares on May 8th and currently holds 2,551 shares of the company. Howard Haug was appointed as a director of the company on December 21, 2004 upon the closing of the company's initial public offering.
- Curtis Garner purchased 1,090 shares on May 8th and currently holds 12,539 shares of the company. Mr. Garner has served as the company's Chief Financial Officer since February 2004.
4. Pitney Bowes (PBI) provides software, hardware and services that integrate physical and digital communications channels. Long known for making its customers more productive, Pitney Bowes is increasingly helping other companies grow their business through advanced customer communications management. Pitney Bowes is a $5.3 billion company and employs 29,000 worldwide.
- Leslie Abi-Karam purchased 1,950 shares on May 30th and currently holds 24,871 shares of the company. Leslie Abi-Karam was named Executive Vice President and President, Mailing Solutions Management in February 2008. In this role, Leslie is responsible for over $4.2 billion in global revenue from the company's core mailing solutions, production mail and services businesses.
- Vicki O'Meara purchased 2,500 shares on May 24th and currently holds 13,665 shares of the company. Vicki O'Meara is Executive Vice President and President, Pitney Bowes Services Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pitney Bowes.
- Daniel Goldstein purchased 1,850 shares on May 21st and currently holds 5,562 shares of the company. Daniel Goldstein is the Executive Vice President and Chief Legal & Compliance Officer at Pitney Bowes.
- Johnna Torsone purchased 450 shares on May 21st and currently holds 28,622 shares of the company. Johnna Torsone serves as an Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer of Pitney Bowes.
- Michael Monahan purchased 10,000 shares on May 21st and currently holds 36,288 shares of the company. Michael Monahan was named Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer effective March 1, 2008.
- Murray Martin purchased 20,000 shares on May 21st and currently holds 136,941 shares of the company. Murray Martin is Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Pitney Bowes.
5. QR Energy (QRE) is an upstream Master Limited Partnership (MLP) focused on delivering stable cash flow and growth to its limited partners through the exploitation of onshore oil and gas fields in the United States.
- Michael Magilton purchased 1,000 shares on June 6th and currently holds 5,931 shares of the company. Michael Magilton leads the corporate finance and treasury functions of QR Energy. He also manages the Partnership's banking relationships and plays a central role in M&A transactions and capital markets activities.
- Donald Powell purchased 2,200 shares on June 4th and currently holds 22,450 shares of the company. Donald Powell serves as the Chairman of the Conflicts Committee and a member of the Audit and Compensation Committees on QR Energy's Board of Directors.
- Patrick Wagner purchased 1,000 shares on May 23rd. Patrick Wagner is Vice President of Exploitation for QR Energy.
- Lloyd Delano purchased 1,000 shares on May 22nd and currently holds 7,164 shares of the company. Lloyd Delano is the Chief Accounting Officer of QR Energy.
- Richard Hebert purchased 5,000 shares on May 18th and currently holds 12,017 shares of the company. Rickhard Hebert serves as the Chairman of the Compensation Committee and a member of the Audit and Conflicts Committees on QR Energy's Board of Directors.
- Paul Geiger purchased 5,000 shares on May 16th and currently holds 13,454 shares of the company. Paul Geiger serves as Vice President of Operations for QR Energy.
- Gregory Roden purchased 2,300 shares on May 16th and currently holds 14,300 shares of the company. Gregory Roden serves as General Counsel for QR Energy.
- Donald Wolf purchased 6,000 shares on May 14th. Donald Wolf is Chairman of QR Energy.
- Stephen Thorington purchased 10,000 shares on May 14th and currently holds 33,750 shares of the company. Stephen Thorington serves as the Chairman of the Audit Committee and a member of the Conflicts and Compensation Committees on QR Energy's Board of Directors.
Shares of NorthStar Realty Finance and New York Mortgage are currently very close to their respective 52-week highs. Shares of Otelco, Pitney Bowes and QR Energy on the other hand are close to their respective 52-week lows.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.