I screened with Finviz for companies that have higher than 10% dividend yield and checked if the companies had any insider buys during the last 3 months. This article is an extension to my previous article written on July 13. Here are the three additional companies that I found:
1. Rhino Resource Partners LP (NYSE:RNO) is a growth-oriented limited partnership. Rhino produces metallurgical and steam coal in a variety of basins throughout the United States. It leases coal through its Elk Horn subsidiary, and owns oil and gas acreage in the Utica and Cana Woodford plays.
Click to enlarge
- Richard Boone purchased 1,940 shares on May 22 and currently holds 12,919 shares of the company. Mr. Boone has been employed as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Rhino Energy since February 2005.
2. Two Harbors Investment Corp. (NYSE:TWO) is a real estate investment trust that invests in residential mortgage-backed securities, residential mortgage loans, residential real properties and other financial assets.
- Steven Kuhn purchased 10,000 shares on May 18 and currently holds 165,000 shares of the company. Steven Kuhn has served as Co-Chief Investment Officer of Two Harbors since October 2009.
- Brad Farrell purchased 1,000 shares on May 18 and currently holds 11,850 shares of the company. Brad Farrell has served as Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer of Two Harbors since January 2012.
- William Roth purchased 7,300 shares on May 17 and currently holds 68,300 shares of the company. William Roth has served as Co-Chief Investment Officer of Two Harbors since October 2009.
- Timothy O'Brien purchased 5,000 shares on May 17 and currently holds 30,000 shares of the company. Timothy O'Brien has served as General Counsel and Secretary of Two Harbors since October 2009.
- Thomas Siering purchased 10,000 shares on May 17 and currently holds 271,012 shares of the company. Thomas Siering has served as Chief Executive Officer and President of Two Harbors since its incorporation in May 2009.
3. Windstream Corporation (NASDAQ:WIN) is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas. Windstream has more than $6 billion in annual revenues and is listed on the S&P 500 index.
- Dennis Foster has purchased 56,500 shares since May 11 and currently holds 264,732 shares of the company. Mr. Foster serves as Chairman of the Board.
- Jeffery Gardner has purchased 57,250 shares since May 11 and currently holds 1,448,339 shares of the company. Jeffery Gardner is president and chief executive officer of Windstream.
- Alan Wells has purchased 31,000 shares since May 11 and currently holds 1,448,339 shares of the company. Alan Wells serves as a Director of the company.
- Anthony Thomas has purchased 40,356 shares since May 11 and currently holds 287,840 shares of the company. Anthony Thomas is chief financial officer and treasurer for Windstream.
- Judy Jones purchased 500 shares on May 14 and currently holds 42,474 shares of the company. Judy Jones serves as a Director of the company.
- William Montgomery has purchased 16,372 shares since May 11 and currently holds 75,000 shares of the company. William Montgomery serves as a Director of the company.
- Carol Armitage purchased 500 shares on May 14 and currently holds 39,270 shares of the company. Carol Armitage serves as a Director of the company.
- Michael Rhoda purchased 2,000 shares on May 11 and currently holds 157,671 shares of the company. Michael Rhoda serves as a Senior Vice President of Government Affairs.
- Francis Frantz purchased 25,000 shares on May 11 and currently holds 672,624 shares of the company. Francis Frantz serves as a Director of the company.
Two Harbors Investment Corp. made a new 52-week high last week. Shares of Rhino Resource Partners and Windstream Corporation are currently trading close to their respective 52-week lows.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, but may initiate a long position in WIN over the next 72 hours.