JDS Uniphase Corporation (JDSU) is scheduled to report its Q4 2012 results on August 14, 2012, after the bell. The street expects EPS and revenue of $0.12 and $423.51M, respectively.
In this article I will recap the historical results of the company, its latest EPS estimates vs. surprises, and the latest news from JDSU.
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has met or beaten analysts' estimates in the last four quarters. In the last quarter it reported $0.11 EPS, in-line with analyst estimates.
The consensus EPS estimate is $0.12 based on 12 analysts' estimates, down from $0.23 a year ago. Revenue estimates are $423.51M, down from $472.30M a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $14.75.
Average recommendation: Overweight
Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades
- On July 12, 2012, Needham initiated a Hold rating for the company.
- On May 9, 2012, UBS upgraded the company from Neutral to Buy.
- On March 27, 2012, MKM Partners initiated a Buy rating for the company.
- On May 2, 2012, JDS Uniphase Corporation announced that for the fourth quarter of 2012, it expects non-GAAP net revenue to be in the range of $415-$435 million. According to I/B/E/S Estimates, analysts are expecting the Company to report revenue of $457 million for fourth quarter of 2012.
- On March 6, 2012, JDS Uniphase Corporation announced that Infinera, a company in long-haul wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) optical networking technology, has selected the JDSU ONT 100G Tester Solution to help ensure the reliability of its new Multi-Terabit DTN-X platform.
The stock has a market capitalization of $2.43B and is currently trading at $10.50 with a 52 week range of $8.47 - $15.17. The stock's year-to-date performance has been 0.57%. It is currently trading above 20- and 50-day SMAs, but below the 200-day SMA.
Sources: Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Marketwatch, Finviz, Reuters.
Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours.