I'd like to keep this simple and effective. First, I am very long Oilsands Quest (BQI). Second, I've patiently built my position in the largest oilsands exploration company in Sask and possibly the world. Third, I'm due and so are several smart investors who have been building their positions for the last two years.
So what's the catch? No catch, just an undervalued peak oil play with over 40% institutional ownership. Oh, and many rounds of financing. But is that really unheard of for an exploration play? No!
So now let me be effective and tell you why you might want to buy a little BQI:
- Company drill results due in next 4 weeks or so.
- Soon to be pursued JV opportunities.
- Pilot testing this year that will kill the naysayers.
- TSX listing, who cares, but maybe?
- Consolidation in the space thanks to the HUGE capex by the big oil boys.
- A giddy CEO who's been there done that and playing cards real close to his chest.
- 10 billion plus barrels of oil that somebody is going to figure out how to get.
- $130 oil at least for the foreseeable future.
I could go on and on about the upside of an extremely undervalued oil play, but why? Do yourself a favor and look at the oil chart, check out the institutional money in BQI, and make up your own mind: do you want to be long the next Suncor (NYSE:SU)?
I do...and now just have to sit back and wait.
Disclosure: Author holds a long position in BQI