Aruba Networks, Inc. (ARUN) is scheduled to report its Q4 2012 results on August 23, 2012, after the bell. The street expects EPS and revenue of $0.17 and $136.84M, respectively.
In this article I will recap the historical results of the company, its latest EPS estimates vs. surprises, the latest news from ARUN and the news from its closest competitors.
Recent EPS Actuals vs. Estimates
The company has met or beaten analysts' estimates in the last four quarters. In the last quarter it reported $0.16 EPS, in-line with analyst estimates.
The consensus EPS estimate is $0.17 based on 21 analysts' estimates, same as $0.17 a year ago. Revenue estimates are $136.84M, up from $113.76M a year ago. The median target price by analysts for the stock is $18.50.
Average recommendation: Overweight
Analyst Upgrades and Downgrades
- On May 18, 2012, Mizuho reiterated Neutral rating for the company.
- On May 16, 2012, Needham reiterated Buy rating for the company.
- On June 13, 2012, Aruba Networks, Inc. announced that its Board of Directors has authorized a share repurchase program for up to $100 million of its outstanding common stock.
- On June 5, 2012, Aruba Networks, Inc. announced that Maxim Integrated Products, Inc., has extended its network and deployed a wireless access network utilizing Aruba Instant virtualized controllers to deliver wireless coverage to its 24 sales offices, 40 technology design centers, and 11 wafer fabrication/testing facilities.
- On May 30, 2012, Streakwave Wireless announced a distribution agreement with Aruba Networks, Inc. for enterprise Wi-Fi, network management, and access control products.
- On May 17, 2012, Aruba Networks, Inc. announced that for fourth quarter of 2012, it expects revenue to be in the range of $136-$138 million and non-GAAP earnings per share (EPS) to be approximately $0.16-$0.17. According to I/B/E/S Estimates, analysts are expecting the Company to report revenue of $138 million and EPS of $0.17 for fourth quarter of 2012.
- On March 13, 2012, Aruba Networks, Inc. announced that Hurtigruten, Norway's coastal shipping service and cruise line, has deployed a new mobile network based on the Aruba Mobile Virtual Enterprise (MOVE) architecture in order to deliver Wi-Fi and guest access services to employees and passengers.
Cisco Systems (CSCO), Juniper Networks (JNPR), and Netgear (NTGR) are considered major competitors for Aruba Networks and the table below provides the key metrics for these companies and the industry.
The chart below compares the stock price changes as a percentage for the selected companies and S&P 500 index for the last one year period.
Competitors' Latest Development
- On August 15, 2012, Cisco Systems Inc announced that the quarterly dividend quarterly dividend of $0.14 per common share, an increase of 75% declared by Cisco's Board of Directors on August 14, 2012.
- On July 31, 2012, Cisco Systems Inc announced that Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC), the operator and developer of Brisbane Airport, which facilitates the movement of more than 21 million passengers and tons of freight each year, has selected virtualization technology from Cisco, EMC and VMware to help achieve information and communications technology (ICT) strategy to improve business agility and airport operational effectiveness.
- On July 31, 2012, Cisco Systems Inc announced that it has completed the acquisition of NDS Group Ltd., provider of video software and content security solutions that enable service providers and media companies.
- On July 24, 2012, Reuters reported that Cisco Systems Inc won unconditional EU regulatory approval on Tuesday for its $5 billion takeover of TV software developer NDS. NDS, which is 51% owned by private equity fund Permira and 49% by News Corp, makes software that allows cable and satellite TV companies to deliver encrypted content through televisions and other devices.
- On July 24, 2012, Juniper Networks, Inc. announced that for the third quarter of 2012, it expects revenue to be in the range of $1,040-$1,075 million and non-GAAP net income per share to be in the of range between $0.15 and $0.18 on a diluted basis.
- On July 11, 2012, Juniper Networks, Inc. announced that Telefonica Digital has selected Juniper Networks Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite to create a branded mobile security service for its consumer customer base across Europe.
- On July 10, 2012, Juniper Networks, Inc. announced that NTT Communications has integrated Juniper Networks security and remote access technologies into Mobile Connect, a new Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) security service launched to address corporate customers' demand for enhanced mobile network access.
- On June 15, 2012, Cisco Systems Inc announced that it has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.08 per common share to be paid on July 25, 2012, to all shareholders of record as of the close of business on July 5, 2012.
- On June 11, 2012, Juniper Networks, Inc. announced a new stock repurchase program which enables the Company to purchase up to $1 billion of the Company's common stock. This new authorization is in addition to the $1 billion stock repurchase program approved in 2010.
- On June 4, 2012, Reuters reported that TiVo Inc countersued Cisco Systems, Inc. in a court over alleged infringement of four patents relating to digital video recorder (DVR) technology, days after Cisco filed a lawsuit against TiVo to void those same patents.
- On May 9, 2012, Cisco Systems Inc announced that for the fourth quarter of 2012, it expects revenue growth to be in the range of 2% to 5% on a year-over-year basis, non-GAAP earnings per share is expected to be in the range of $0.44 to $0.46 per share, up approximately 10% to 15% year-over-year and anticipates GAAP earnings will be $0.07 to $0.11 per share lower than non-GAAP EPS. This range includes the Company's typical differences as well as an impact of up to $0.02 as a result of the Company's anticipated restructuring charges.
- On May 1, 2012, Cisco Systems Inc announced that it has completed the acquisition of privately held ClearAccess, a Vancouver, Wash. based company that provides TR-069 standards based software to service providers for the provisioning and management of residential and mobile devices.
- On April 26, 2012, VirnetX Holding Corp announced that the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, Tyler Division, issued its patent claim construction, or Markman Order in the ongoing patent infringement action between VirnetX Inc. and Cisco, Apple, NEC and Aastra.
- On April 24, 2012, Juniper Networks, Inc. announced that for the second quarter of 2012, it expects revenue to be in the range of $1.03-$1.06 billion and non-GAAP net income per share to be in the range of $0.15-$0.17 on a diluted basis.
- On April 19, 2012, Comptel Oyj (Comptel) announced that Comptel Corporation and Cisco Systems Inc. (Cisco) have settled the dispute concerning Comptel's use of a certain sub-set of Axioss software that was sold to Cisco and simultaneously licensed back to Comptel for use in the current release of Comptel Fulfillment.
- On March 28, 2012, Cisco Systems, Inc. announced that intends to acquire privately held ClearAccess, a Vancouver, Wash. based company that provides TR-069-based software to service providers for the provisioning and management of residential and mobile devices.
- On March 19, 2012, Cisco Systems, Inc. announced that Serbia's retail bank, Banka Postanska Stedionica (Serbian Postal Savings Bank), has implemented a Cisco Connected Physical Security Solution at its headquarters in Belgrade and across a network of over 40 branches in Serbia.
- On March 19, 2012, Cisco Systems, Inc. announced the completion of the acquisition of privately held Lightwire, Inc. Headquartered in Allentown, Penn., Lightwire develops advanced optical interconnect technology for high-speed networking applications.
- On March 15, 2012, Cisco Systems, Inc. announced its intent to acquire NDS Group Ltd., a provider of video software and content security solutions that enable service providers and media companies to securely deliver and monetize new video entertainment experiences.
- On February 24, 2012, Cisco Systems, Inc. announced its intent to acquire privately held Lightwire, Inc. Headquartered in Allentown, Penn., with offices in Santa Clara, Calif., Lightwire develops optical interconnect technology for high-speed networking applications.
- On February 23, 2012, Cisco Systems, Inc. (Cisco) announced that it has been selected as the IP Network and Solutions Partner for Expo Milano 2015, which will be held between the May 1, 2015 and October 31, 2015.
- On February 22, 2012, Juniper Networks, Inc. announced that it has acquired Mykonos Software, the provider of Intrusion Deception Systems that protect websites and web applications.
- On February 20, 2012, Cisco Systems, Inc. announced that Magyar Telekom, Hungary's telecommunications company, is deploying 4G long-term evolution (LTE) multimedia services using Cisco mobile Internet solutions.
The stock has a market capitalization of $1.87B and is currently trading at $16.66 with a 52 week range of $12.36 - $25.55. The stock's year-to-date performance has been -10.04%. It is currently trading above 20 and 50 SMA, but below 200 SMA.
Sources: Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Marketwatch, Finviz, Reuters.