It it amazing that there are dozens of companies paying over 10% yields. Whether they can keep up those rates or even keep paying any more dividends in the future is another story. Four of the following five stocks have market caps over $1 billion, and the other has a market cap over $500 million.
- iStar Financial Inc. (SFI) is a $1.57 billion market cap company which is in the commercial real estate finance industry. The stock has a P/E of 8.2, a PEG of 0.41, and pays a yield of 27.4%.
- Capitalsource Inc. (NYSE:CSE) with a 2.60 billion market cap, is a finance company for small and medium-sized businesses. The stock has a P/E of 20.6, a PEG of 0.57, and pays a yield of 23.8%.
- Northstar Realty (NYSE:NRF) is a real estate investment trust which has a 507.16 million market cap. The stock has a P/E of 2.1, a PEG of 0.84, and pays a yield of 17.9%.
- Apollo Investment (NASDAQ:AINV) is an investment company which provides mezzanine financing, senior secured loans, and PIPES transactions. The company has a market cap of $1.96 billion. The stock has a PEG of 1.37, and pays a yield of 15.3%.
- Tri Continantal Corp. (NYSE:TY) is a closed-end equity fund specializing in large-cap stocks. The company has a market cap of $1.69 billion, and pays a yield of 13.1%.
These stocks can be tracked at Stockpickr.com. An Excel database of all twenty of the highest yielding quarterly dividend stocks that can be downloaded, added to, and sorted is available at WallStreetNewsNetwork.com.
Disclosure: The author does not own any of the above.