Dear Seeking Alpha readers,
I’m proud to announce our first iPhone app.
Seeking Alpha’s portfolio app delivers our opinion and analysis articles and unique short-form breaking news and commentary (“Market Currents”) to iPhones. The app is centered on portfolios or watchlists, and offers customizable push notifications, lightning-fast load times, and a clean user interface.
Here’s a short video introducing the app:
We publish more than 6,000 articles and 90,000 comments per month. And we have the #1 short-form news product for investors. So rather than developing another “me too” iPhone app, we asked our developers to design a super-clean, super-fast stock market app that delivers timely news and commentary to mobile users.
The Seeking Alpha iPhone app is fully customized around users’ portfolios and watchlists. The app’s simple, intuitive interface lets our content speak for itself, and brings readers real-time data, news and analysis on the stocks they follow.
Here are some of the features of the portfolio app:
- Simple portfolio/watchlist setup - use your existing SA portfolio, or create a new one
- Multiple watchlists - create different portfolios for different clients. Or follow news and commentary on your stocks by theme or industry
- Lightning-fast stock quotes and navigation - time is money. Our app does not keep you waiting
- News on your stocks that’s fast and easy to read - Market Currents pack an astonishing amount of information and insight into a tiny form-factor
- Exclusive analysis on your stocks by trusted authors - now there’s no need to read Seeking Alpha only at your desk
- Customizable push notifications - receive push alerts on your stocks as frequently or as infrequently as you like
- Key market data and top news stories - find out what’s moving today’s markets
Our portfolio app is free. Early reviews say the app is outstanding. (E.g. “I've been looking for an easy to use portfolio app that isn't overwhelming me with notifications and is easy to navigate and obtain important alerts about all my stocks. Well done Seeking Alpha.”) The great reviews reflect the hard work, care and dedication put into the app project by the team: Yariv and Asi (product and tech lead), Liav (design), and Adam (tech). Thank you to each of them, and congratulations on a fantastic product.
We plan to release a similar app for Android in the near future, and a parallel redesign of our mobile website.
Meanwhile, if you have an iPhone, try the app now »