Recap of Jim Cramer's Radio show, Friday April 7th. Click on a stock ticker for more analysis:
General comments on the car manufacturers:
General Motors Corp (GM): Given up on top market share, now focused on making money. Toyota Motors Corp (TM) will hire more workers in the US than GM and Ford this year. Ford Motor (F) and General Motors Corp both suffering from past failure to develop fuel efficient cars.
- Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corp., or Wabtec Corp. (WAB): Boom in the locomotive market. Wabtec Corp, (which manufactures electronics for trains) more likely to make money than General Electric (GE).
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (MRVL): Will benefit from being a major component supplier to Sony Corp's (SNE) new systems.
- Las Vegas Sands Corp (LVS): Expanding into Chinese gambling resort of Macau; will be big money maker.
- MGM Mirage (NYSE:MGM): Expanding into Chinese gambling resort of Macau; will be big money maker.
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK): Buy it here.
- Crystallex International Corp. (AMEX:KRY): Will get permission to mine in Venezuela from Hugo Chavez because a mine will bring jobs to Venezuela which has a 70% unemployment rate.
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH): Be patient; this is a damaged stock not a damaged company.
- Upcoming Burger King IPO: CEO will soon resign; company has a history of high management turnover. Investors in McDonald's Corp (MCD) stock should resist the urge to buy this one.
- Cramer's latest stock picks, including: Mad Money, Lightening Round, Stop Trading and his Radio Show.