Recap of Jim Cramer's Radio show, Friday April 7th. Click on a stock ticker for more analysis:
General comments on the car manufacturers:
General Motors Corp (NYSE:GM): Given up on top market share, now focused on making money. Toyota Motors Corp (NYSE:TM) will hire more workers in the US than GM and Ford this year. Ford Motor (NYSE:F) and General Motors Corp both suffering from past failure to develop fuel efficient cars.
- Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corp., or Wabtec Corp. (NYSE:WAB): Boom in the locomotive market. Wabtec Corp, (which manufactures electronics for trains) more likely to make money than General Electric (NYSE:GE).
- Marvell Technology Group Ltd. (NASDAQ:MRVL): Will benefit from being a major component supplier to Sony Corp's (NYSE:SNE) new systems.
- Las Vegas Sands Corp (NYSE:LVS): Expanding into Chinese gambling resort of Macau; will be big money maker.
- MGM Mirage (NYSE:MGM): Expanding into Chinese gambling resort of Macau; will be big money maker.
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE:CHK): Buy it here.
- Crystallex International Corp. (AMEX:KRY): Will get permission to mine in Venezuela from Hugo Chavez because a mine will bring jobs to Venezuela which has a 70% unemployment rate.
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (NYSE:UNH): Be patient; this is a damaged stock not a damaged company.
- Upcoming Burger King IPO: CEO will soon resign; company has a history of high management turnover. Investors in McDonald's Corp (NYSE:MCD) stock should resist the urge to buy this one.
- Cramer's latest stock picks, including: Mad Money, Lightening Round, Stop Trading and his Radio Show.