Recap of Jim Cramer's Radio show, Monday April 10th. Click on a stock ticker for more analysis:
- Akamai Technologies Inc (AKAM): Volatile stock, but wins from growth of streaming video. If you can't take the volatility, don't own the stock, or at least keep it to a small percentage of your portfolio.
- Caterpillar Inc (CAT): Residential construction will slow due to interest rate hikes, but commercial construction will remain strong. Best way to play this is with Caterpillar, best large cap equipment machinery company.
- Ingersoll Rand Company (IR): Also a play on commercial property construction, but less attractive than Caterpillar.
- Kubota (NYSE: KUB): Also a play on commercial property construction, but less attractive than Caterpillar.
- Mindspeed Technologies (NASDAQ:MSPD): One of a group of tech stocks that have performed well because of fiber-to-the-home [FTTH]. Buy the stock on the recent pullback, because the FTTH boom will run for a long time.
- Openwave Systems (OPWV): Beneficiary of new cell phone functionality, such as being able to program a DVR wirelessly from a cell phone. More on the stock later this week.
- Schlumberger (NYSE:SLB): Largest oil services company. Non-speculative, blue-chip play on oil risks in Nigeria. Stock split makes stock easier to buy.
- Willbros Group (WG): Gas prices rising due to attacks in Nigeria, risks in Iraq and Iran. Willbros Group builds pipelines, and would get the job of rebuilding any pipelines that are blown up. Speculative way to play oil and gas risks.
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH): Stock has fallen due to sector rotation, worry about excessive acquisitions, and the CEO's options grant. But company is solid, problems temporary, and the stock trades at a low P/E ratio.
- Walt Disney (DIS): More attractive now that the company is giving away programs over the Web, and Bob Iger is strong CEO, but not his favorite stock.
- Ford Motor (F): Will advertise on Disney Web-based programs, but won't be the biggest beneficiary.
- Procter & Gamble (PG): Also will advertise on Disney Web-based programs, but -- ditto -- won't be the biggest beneficiary.
- Cramer's latest stock picks, including: Mad Money Recap, Lightening Round, Stop Trading and his Radio Show.