From Between the Hedges:
- Bausch & Lomb (BOL) said it is temporarily halting shipments of its ReNu solution with MoistureLoc after reports of fungal infections in the US.
- French unions and students, emboldened by their victory over the government on a disputed youth-labor law, are now taking aim at a 2005 measure that makes it easier for small companies to fire workers.
- India’s crude oil import bill rose to a record of $43.8 billion during 2005, an increase of 46.8%. The bill was larger because of higher oil prices, not an increase in demand, the newspaper said.
- Microsoft Corp.(NASDAQ:MSFT) is expected to double its orders from Taiwanese suppliers in the second quarter as it accelerates shipments for its Xbox 360 video-game console.
- Applied Materials(NASDAQ:AMAT) will build a $225 million support center in the northwestern Chinese city of Xi’an.
Beijing Youth Daily:
- Beijing has registered 14 days of “heavy