Here are five data points from Yahoo!'s conference call relevant to investors in Google:
- Yahoo! sold 1.5 million Google shares in Q4 at an average price of $186.
- Having sold 4 million Google shares in total in 2004, Yahoo! now has 4.2 million shares remaining.
- Revenue per search in Q4 was relatively flat compared to Q3.
- Revenue per search was negatively impacted by a mix-shift to retail advertising, which has a lower price per click than, for example, travel.
- Spending (including search) by the AdAge top 100 marketers on Yahoo! was 55% higher year over year in Q4.